Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

shockwave55

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 11:29 AM
R/CBOONE72

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default shockwave55

I have recently bought myself a new shockwave 55. I have not ran it yet. But i was wondering what some racers or just any rc boater who knows about engines can tell me to buy for a faster carb and tuned pipe. It is the stock engine, i dunno what that is, zenoha somthing.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:57 PM
edmkills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: shockwave55

257 or 488 walbro carb and a need for speed pipe.

I took the Zen out of my shockwave so I can have it modded for a future cat project and threw in a Sikk. Im not sure how fast a guy wants to go with the hull though its laid up pretty light. I reinforced parts of the stringers with glass before I mounted the sikk.

You might want to do a search on proboat or shockwave as there have been issues with the clutch and other things.
[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22573.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	648124  
Old 03-23-2007, 02:19 PM
mopartybob

which shockwave did you get ?the yellow one or the SS....and I agree with ed,the clutch is doo-doo,failure waiting to happen,start searchin for a direct-drive (square cable end replacement).W257 carbs are fairly cheep on eek-bay...about 30-40.00 and is a good replacement,the muffler will deteriorate on you in time,(mine did)????,any future mods to the engine I would re-inforce the engine stringers with glass,one thing I also did was replace the rubber motor mounts with the ones from MSD ignitions,the ones that are used to mount cd box to the firewall,impervious to fuel,oil,heat,etc.....
Old 03-23-2007, 02:53 PM
edmkills

Even though I haven't had a problem with the clutch yet (likely do to limit run time) I have took the warnings of the other proboat owners and have 2 clutches on the way that i picked up on the dock. I figured I would thrash the proboat boat one first . I also switch out the rear rubbers with ones from topsecret (great place to do buisness) and used the Sikk front mount. Had to do a little mod to make it work as the proboat stringers are 5 1/2" apart [:@].
Old 03-23-2007, 02:57 PM
R/CBOONE72

i have the super sport, mine does have a square cable that goes o a clutch, what makes it bad?
Old 03-23-2007, 03:05 PM
R/CBOONE72

another thing, can you guys who own a sw 55, post a pic or tell where you put your fuek tank
ive herd they make the boat a little unstable. and can you tell me where to set my trim tabs, or shoul i leave level wit hull?
Old 03-23-2007, 03:08 PM
edmkills

The fact that the bearings are crap and that proboat failed to properly tighten the bolt that attaches the bracket which holds the clutch shoes to the crank. Proboat wasn't kidding when they say to "check every nut and bolt" before running! Yup you will have to take it apart to check if its tight [:@].
Old 03-23-2007, 03:19 PM
edmkills

I will be switching to an IV bag and stock I don't really think the trim tabs are even necesary. The ones that come on the shockwave in my opinion are junk, you have to bend then against the light fiberglass job to adjust them which will likely crack it. If I find I need them with the new mill I will buy a new set with a screw for adjustment.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:33 PM
mopartybob

fuel tank causing instability??[X(] ,on a proboat??[:@] ,it's a sport boat,NOT a race boat,if anything, the stock location adds to the stability,there's nuthing wrong with the squared end cable,but when going direct-drive you need the right adaptor so it (the cable) "floats"in the housing,meaning that there is no need to compensate with a 1\8" space at the prop shaft,with a "round" type cable,your cable collet is clamped onto the cable,when spinning,the cable actually shortens in length,thus the 1\8" space needed to allow for this.trim tabs?? don't really need them,bend them up "CAREFULLY",so's not to produce any uneeded drag,and for some reason, the rudder material is VERY BRITTLE,the slightest ding will cause them to break off [:'(], don't ferget to check ALL nuts and bolts.......happy boating