Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

got that retro feeling

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 02:51 AM
proffesso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got that retro feeling

howdy forum....wasnt sure where to post this, but I hope someone can help me out

im having a bit of a retro throwback right now, getting a few cars / boats that I remember when I was young

now, I havent done R/C in a good 10 - 15 years......quite a while back...so a couple of Q's

with the old kits, (old aluminum chassis kits like the early Tamiya / Kyosho stuff) can I run better motors? or will they just tear apart the plastic gearboxes?...not something I want to do considering the vintage.

also I need to get a radio / servo's / speedo's / batteries / motors / charger....everything really.

can someone recommend a decent multi-model radio? and I want to at least put ESC's into all the models.....3 step and resistance speedcontrollers are a bad memory

also looking for a wallcharger...somthing that could do multiple packs at once would be great (also I see battieres upto 4000mh now?...sure beats the hell outta the 1200mh packs I used to use!)

so basicly recommeneded gear for everything....im not into competition, just something fun for a park.

cheers

James,
Old 03-24-2007, 03:46 AM
Vintage_Duff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: got that retro feeling

a 19t motor shouldnt rip apart the gear box if its not brittle from old age, if ur worried u can just use a brand new tamiya silver can

as a remote im using a MX-3s and im quite happy with it, i just put a esc in each of my cars an i can swap over to each one with a flick of a button cause the controller has crystals built in