Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Try this pipe! video

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Try this pipe! video

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 04:59 AM
Scorpio145

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Try this pipe! video

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would post some pics and video of my new Insane Sports Hydro thats just been fitted with the new CC Steel tuned pipe with the 1" header. If you are looking for a good pipe this is the one you want!!! This was shot with the engine still running quite rich.

Video

http://media.putfile.com/Insane-Hydro-New-CC-Pipe

Give it a few minutes to load up.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31910.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	653440   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72664.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	653441  
Old 03-31-2007, 11:09 AM
Believe It
Banned

Default RE: Try this pipe! video

im on dsl and the video has been sittin for 30 minutes and still wont play []

Is that the welded pipe or adjustable? I guess some have found the new 1" cc pipes go flat up top.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:04 PM
Scorpio145

Yeah putfile isn't the best for uploading. I have uploaded it to youtube so try this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW7WcWSIHX8

From what I have heard they don't work on a stock engine but if your engine has been modded with RPM in mind then I can def recomend this one. Its welded not adjustable. Tests on a friends boat picked up 400 to 600 rpm plus a few extra mph to boot.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:00 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Believe It ( or anyone else having problems with PUTFILE vids )

When the vid screen pops there , then right click right in the middle of it , then go to PROPERTIES , and when it comes up , got to the address of the vid , copy and paste in your addy bar , then SAVE to your HD , and then play ( and of course , you can delete it after viewing )

BTW ... what is this your comparing the pipe to ??????
My personal perferences are the QD steel pipes . Still hard to beat them for performance .
Old 03-31-2007, 05:17 PM
Scorpio145

The gains were from the previous cc silenced steel tuned pipe. On the Insane I tried a hanson pipe but just couldn't get the rpm out of it. Plus it ran too hot and kept melting the orings inside the pipe its self. I looked at the QD pipes but here in oz they were just too expensive.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:22 PM
Believe It
Banned

ORIGINAL: Scorpio145

Yeah putfile isn't the best for uploading. I have uploaded it to youtube so try this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW7WcWSIHX8

From what I have heard they don't work on a stock engine but if your engine has been modded with RPM in mind then I can def recomend this one. Its welded not adjustable. Tests on a friends boat picked up 400 to 600 rpm plus a few extra mph to boot.
Yea, the one i was referring to was on a BTBM fullmod 260 in a Seaducer Cat. Owner of it didnt like the pipe much and is switching to a QD hotpipe now.

I saw no difference between my steel china pipe and CC pipe (old style 7/8" header) other then a $$$ difference. Unless the new 1" pipe or even the QD pipe make a substantial(sp?) difference, its not worth the extra $$$ to have the brand name if ya ask me. Just my .02.

oh and btw... finally ran the Stryker a little more. 61.3mph with more left in her [8D]
Old 03-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Scorpio145

Nice figures on the Stryker! Do you have any more video footage? Have you got the butt up out of the water from the last video? Hydro's are a blast I have a China pipe on my cat and it works really well, just wished it was silenced.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:40 PM
Believe It
Banned

ORIGINAL: Scorpio145

Nice figures on the Stryker! Do you have any more video footage? Have you got the butt up out of the water from the last video? Hydro's are a blast I have a China pipe on my cat and it works really well, just wished it was silenced.
nah, i went out testing myself so had nobody to do any videoing. It was defientely airing out better, but the water was quite choppy as well. Hydros are definetely fun, but this stryker is a PAIN to launch especially running by myself. Like it alot but think im gonna either get rid of it or just turn it into a wall ornament once the new AC cat is released.

Not sure if he will ship stuff overseas, but get in touch with Mike Tyson over on JRCBD (Mike T is his sn). He makes some killer mufflers.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:29 AM
Fastaz race engines

Awesome pipe run them myself, have been modding motors for a while and have tried a lot of pipes and the new cc 1" have increased rpm and speed, have tried a qd pipe they are very good as well. But i think i will stay with the cc pipes, definatley need to have a good modded engine to run them.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:32 AM
Scorpio145

Yeah heard about this guy in Melbourne that puts together a good engine that suits these. Any idea who this might be?
Old 04-01-2007, 07:03 AM
Fastaz race engines

No never heard of him, i don't need anymore work til after the nationals, got to many to do before the nationals!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 07:33 AM
John Howell

Stop posting and finish the engine for my Insane Cat will ya!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Scorpio145

Well I am set for the nationals. last boat/engine to get setup is the Sidewinder so you won't get any issues from me Think I might have something that will give each class a good run for its money although I am staying well away from you in the Sports Hydro class! I love my Insane too much to have it cut in two. Might have to pay a certain kid a couple of bucks though and see if he can stop you from finishing

Old 04-01-2007, 07:28 PM
MrMikeG

CC was selling China pipes for a while and I see many being resold as CC pipes.
Good luck to all you guys in Melbourne!
Old 04-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Fastaz race engines

The new cc pipes are coming from carlo himself and they are brand new and at a very good price. They work very well, have tried the chinese pipes they work ok. Thanks for your concern Mike.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:55 PM
MrMikeG

I'm not worried, just letting people know, I have more pipes than motors at the moment.
I expect big things from you in Cat class this year! [8D]
Old 04-02-2007, 06:12 AM
Scorpio145

All I can say is that I have 3 pipes on this Hydro. A Hanson 2", China Pipe, and now the New CC pipe. There is no doubt that this pipe out performs the previous 3 in leaps and bounds, both in Noise supression as well as RPM. It suits my engine setup and the cost was extremely acceptable in my books.

Once the nationals are over I will certainly be putting in an order for two more, 1 for the mono and another for the cat.

Must admit am looking forward to the cat class. If BOTB was anything to go by. There were some quick ones up there for sure!
Old 04-02-2007, 07:35 AM
Fastaz race engines

Should be a good class at the nationals, should be a bit of carnage in the 23 hydro class always is. The cat class should have some fast boats, getting quicker and quiker every event. There will be a couple of heats so it should mix them up a bit. Testing this weekend if interested got some good cat & hydro props if you want to try them. Don't have to pay anyone of i usually take my self out, trigger happy