Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Light Kits and Failsafes

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 05:53 PM
hugefanofrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light Kits and Failsafes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone suggest a good LED lighting system and failsafe? I've been looking at the BeartoothRC Safelights system,

http://www.beartoothrc.com

Has anyone used this? It looks like it has the most features of any system I've researched. Any suggestions?
Old 04-05-2007, 07:46 PM
mugenx

Default RE: Light Kits and Failsafes

Looks pretty expensive. You can make your own for like 10 bucks for all the materials
Old 04-05-2007, 08:57 PM
hugefanofrc

Indeed it is definately a high end kit, it does a lot more than $10 worth of LEDs, resistors and wire can though.

You seem to get a lot for your $$. I'm pretty sold on the ability to turn the lights on and off with the transmitter and includes electronic brake light bright/dim control, the failsafe specs look good, no extra batteries are needed for the lights, and the system diagnostic features are cool, its pretty cool that its a combo failsafe and light control kit. Looks like you can get extra light kits to install in different bodies also, leaving the failsafe and controller attached to the vehicle. That's a lot of bang for the buck. Most of the other kits seem to just be reselling wire, LEDs, and resistors. The LED mounts seem cheezy on most other kits also, the Beartooth one has nice looking mounts.

Has anyone seen any other kits out there like this? Or better yet, has anyone used this kit and can give me an opinion?

Old 04-06-2007, 06:31 AM
Gado

I like the idea but it cost to much for me.
Too bad they dont have any video of it. it might convince someone to buy it