Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

How sheldon hobbies treat's foreign custmers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

How sheldon hobbies treat's foreign custmers

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 07:21 AM
mxr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How sheldon hobbies treat's foreign custmers

Hi to all
I am new to this Forum but old to the hobby .
I just wanted to tell my adventure (it is one ) with those shop's in San Jose CA .
I live in Finland and as i have a RC10 GT and i cannot find easily parts for it in Finland , i made an order to RC Unlimited (same company than Sheldon Hobbies) to get some tires and wheels plus some Hop Up's to get my season ready.
First ; they do not answer to Email before at least five days
Second; they told me that my parcel had left on the 12 of March , but the DHL showed that it was given to sent on the 29 of march.
Third; As i was worried and my credit card had allready been charged , i sent the guy there ( A.J.) A email where i got no answer at all !
Fourth; When my parcel finally arrived here , there was no invoice and credit card ticket inside (not very serious company)
Fifth; There was parts witch i had paid for, that were not even in the parcel !!!! and i sent a mail to that A.J. and got absolutely no answer since a week!!!!!
So the story tell's me that that company does not deserve our hard earned money and i will never buy anything from them again and hope that all the foreigners do the same as me so that they might learn a thing in life that here we call "Customers service and RESPECT"
Old 04-07-2007, 09:18 AM
lee172

Default RE: How sheldon hobbies treat's foreign custmers

sorry to hear that, you might wanna try RC mart, Stella Models, or RC station (google them) they are all good dealers, i have bought off them all.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:35 AM
sloppyG

I've actually been in their store,
they just moved and were running 20-30-40-50 then even 60 percent off everything in the store

they're really pricy compared to some others, and I'd concur that the service isn't the best.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:30 PM
nitro _ burner

thanks for the heads up man.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:24 PM
mxr

I had a close look to most US onlines shop's and i think that from now on it will be tower hobbies as they have the prices , the coices and a big stock .
Can any one confirm to me if they are as good as they seem's to be ?
Old 04-08-2007, 01:52 PM
companykid91

i just order a part from tower hobbies last night and it was backorder and they don't charge u until they get the part in so i am thinking that they are a pretty good dealer
Old 04-08-2007, 04:22 PM
MonkeyFist

WOW I'm surprised to hear that. I bought my TC4 from RC Unlimited and talked to the guys there quite a bit. They were helpful and seemed to know what they were talking about. I will say this though a lot of brick and mortar hobby stores treat internet orders poorly, it doesn't matter where you are from. Tower Hobbies is one of if not the largest RC hobby distributors in the US. You can count on them to behave in a professional manner as the internet is where they generate most of their business.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:11 AM
mxr

ORIGINAL: MonkeyFist

WOW I'm surprised to hear that. I bought my TC4 from RC Unlimited and talked to the guys there quite a bit. They were helpful and seemed to know what they were talking about. I will say this though a lot of brick and mortar hobby stores treat internet orders poorly, it doesn't matter where you are from. Tower Hobbies is one of if not the largest RC hobby distributors in the US. You can count on them to behave in a professional manner as the internet is where they generate most of their business.
The pbs is that my order was not a internet order at RC unlimited , my wife had a working trip to US and i gave them a call to make an order before my wife would be there , so that she just had to pick up the parcel and not spend an hour there ( she does not always understand our passion )and also it would have given them time to order things they did not have in stock .
But my wife got sick and cancelled her travel to San-Jose , so to not let down that company (i am an honest person, not like them)with 200$ worthof parts , i asked that guy on the phone to give an Email address to be able to acheive a complete trade with them and things started to go bad from that point as they were telling that they did not get some parts but that they were receiving them on the 11 of march and that my parcel would leave on the 13 of march and after that guy did not even bother to answer my worried mails and my disapointed mails when the parcel arrived , but as i wrote to him " A happy customer tell's it to a few friends, but an unhappy customer want's the whole world to know..."
Old 04-09-2007, 05:25 AM
nitro _ burner

killer hobies are pretty good as well i have ordered some parts from them for my micro t and i asked them a few questions first and they ansered my questions quickly and well. i havnt recieved the parts yet but i do live in australia sooooo it will take a while for them to arrive