Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Set the record straight for California jets 2007!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Set the record straight for California jets 2007!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Set the record straight for California jets 2007!!

It was relayed to me that on Saturday or sunday of California jet 2007 there was an announcement that some pilots did NOT pay the fee to fly at the event. My name, I was told, was one of them. I am sure it was an honest mistake since I did pay on Thursday....some people checked and verified that I did pay and I thank you for checking.

Kenny and his staff did a great job to provide us with a relaxing and enjoyable event...Thx guys and girls!!!

For next year, Can we have Gatorade for purchase and some running water please. There are those portable hand washing stations that can be rented.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:23 AM
rcdoug
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Set the record straight for California jets 2007!!

Ahab, are you requesting the Gatorade brand? We had a simular drink for sale at the food stand. We also had three of the members offer their trailer sinks for hand and face washing. I'm sorry you were not informed.

Thanks for coming,

Doug
Old 04-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Ehab

Hi Doug; any Gatorade "type" is fine with me.

It was great to fly with all the guys!!
Old 04-08-2007, 10:49 AM
smokin-gun
My Feedback: (18)

wah!would you like someone to wipe your planes down and was you steak cooked to your liking my king?.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:43 AM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ehab, as I understood it the names called were not for reg fees but for people that had marked down that they would be going to the banquet but had not paid the banquet fees. Scott
PS i always have a large plastic bin of baby butt wipes if you need some
Old 04-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: GSR

Ehab, as I understood it the names called were not for reg fees but for people that had marked down that they would be going to the banquet but had not paid the banquet fees. Scott
The lady who was making the announcements was hunting for people for both registration fees and banquet fees.

After Ehab's name was called as having not paid for registration, I checked with Kenny et al so that I'd go collect the fees from him later if need be (since he'd already left the event by EOD Friday), but when we dug the paperwork out it confirmed that Ehab had actually paid in full.

Gordon
Old 04-08-2007, 01:18 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, it was for banquet fees Ehab. Had you indicated you would be attending the banquet? We set the record straight right then and there. Whoever came running to tell you that we announced your missing registration fees should have added that we corrected it in virtually the same sentence.

Next year we'll get one of those sink/wash stations...good idea.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: SDCrashmaster

Yes, it was for banquet fees Ehab. Had you indicated you would be attending the banquet? We set the record straight right then and there. Whoever came running to tell you that we announced your missing registration fees should have added that we corrected it in virtually the same sentence.
If there was any such correction announced, it was missed by a great many people. Several people reacted to the announcement with comments like "What ? Ehab's left already, and he didn't pay up - that aint right." -- which is why I followed up on it, offering to pay Ehab's fee if necessary and recover it from him later if he had somehow forgotten to pay.

Even at the banquet on Saturday night, the question of Ehab's payment of registration fees cropped up AGAIN from a couple of people, until Kenny found the "missing" pilot registration paperwork and confirmed that Ehab had paid.

I don't fault Ehab at all for wanting to clear his name after it was so publicly announced that he had failed to pay his registration fees. I think that's just one of those little glitches that we could learn to handle a little better for next year - don't use a PA system to announce "Hey - you guys failed to pay your money for <whatever>" - instead just announce "Will the following pilots please contact the registration desk / impound". That way, if we get it wrong again, there's no problem. Hindsight's 20-20 of course, so let's just learn from this for next time.

Gordon

Old 04-08-2007, 02:22 PM
KFalcon
My Feedback: (18)

I am sorry that some peoples names were called out on the PA. It was late on Saturday and the banquet was coming up soon, the lady that was helping with the banquet list was trying to get everyone in. It could have been done differently and will next year.

I had a request early in the event for some Gatorade. My wife made a special trip to the store that night and bought "Powerade". It didn't last very long. next year it will be on the list.

As for water stations, I will look into getting something out there for next year.

Again Sorry to Ehab and everyone else that were "called out".
Old 04-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Gordon Mc

Thanks Kenny ... I think that small adjustment will be all that it takes. BTW, Ehab isn't looking to 'bash' anyone with his post - he just doesn't want his fellow jet jocks to think ill of him by believing that he's a 'freeloader'.

IMO, there are plenty of long established events out there, with substantially less participants to manage, that make some significant mistakes on a regular bass. Given that CA-Jets is still such a new event (only in it's 2nd year) and has already become so large, we really ought to be seeing a lot more 'gotchas' than the one or two simple little issues like this ; the fact that so few snags have cropped up is a tremendous testament to the enormous amount and quality of effort that you and your small group of helpers has poured into the event. Your willingness to acknowledge & adjust is also much appreciated, as it would also be totally understandable for you to be defensive in situations like this.

Thanks again for a great event,

Gordon
Old 04-08-2007, 10:41 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I was DJ'ing at the time and was asked to make the announcement and handed the list, so I already fealt bad when told imediately that is was for the banquet. I wasn't that involved in the goings on and just assumed they meant Reg. Fees...so it's really all my fault. I should have just stiuck to playing and demanding that the "CA JETS...the Soundtrack" be annoyingly loud and ever present. I'm still waiting for that thread to be developed...I know it's coming At any rate, I do hope that my immediate retraction/correction was only missed by a very small few, but based on what Gordon said, I certainly don't blame Ehab for wanting the record straightened.
Do accept my apologies bro.
Paul
Old 04-08-2007, 10:47 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Its Ehab,,,,,,,,,,,, not Ahab
ORIGINAL: rcdoug

Ahab, are you requesting the Gatorade brand? We had a simular drink for sale at the food stand. We also had three of the members offer their trailer sinks for hand and face washing. I'm sorry you were not informed.

Thanks for coming,

Doug
Old 04-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Ehab

ORIGINAL: KFalcon

I am sorry that some peoples names were called out on the PA. It was late on Saturday and the banquet was coming up soon, the lady that was helping with the banquet list was trying to get everyone in. It could have been done differently and will next year.

I had a request early in the event for some Gatorade. My wife made a special trip to the store that night and bought "Powerade". It didn't last very long. next year it will be on the list.

As for water stations, I will look into getting something out there for next year.

Again Sorry to Ehab and everyone else that were "called out".
Kenny, thx for your PM. No apologies needed. I value the truth hence my post...

Again, Great show and great staff.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Ehab

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: SDCrashmaster

If there was any such correction announced, it was missed by a great many people. Several people reacted to the announcement with comments like "What ? Ehab's left already, and he didn't pay up - that aint right." -- which is why I followed up on it, offering to pay Ehab's fee if necessary and recover it from him later if he had somehow forgotten to pay.

Even at the banquet on Saturday night, the question of Ehab's payment of registration fees cropped up AGAIN from a couple of people, until Kenny found the "missing" pilot registration paperwork and confirmed that Ehab had paid.

I don't fault Ehab at all for wanting to clear his name after it was so publicly announced that he had failed to pay his registration fees. I think that's just one of those little glitches that we could learn to handle a little better for next year - don't use a PA system to announce "Hey - you guys failed to pay your money for <whatever>" - instead just announce "Will the following pilots please contact the registration desk / impound". That way, if we get it wrong again, there's no problem. Hindsight's 20-20 of course, so let's just learn from this for next time.

Gordon

Gordon, thx for offering to pay for me and for your search of the truth. It just seems to me that "some" people want to use stuff like this to back stab others!