Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Need help with PICCO .26 max engine!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need help with PICCO .26 max engine!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 08:19 PM
RcCarFreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with PICCO .26 max engine!!!!!!!

Hi all, i just recently bought a picco .26 max for my t-maxx. so far i broke it in, and runs ok, but now when i gun it completely it quickly builds up rpms and then stalls like if i let go of the throttle... why is it doing this... motor is still runing pretty rich, decent amount of smoke comes out of the exhaust. the idle is perfect, and the motor is not over heating, yet stalls at high speed... do i need to lean out the low speed and richen the high speed?? sometimes it stalls when i floor it from a stop/idle... been a while since i mess with rc engines anf forgot what i was doing... please help!!!

thanks, tony
Old 04-08-2007, 09:35 PM
RcCarFreak

Default RE: Need help with PICCO .26 max engine!!!!!!!

also, sometimes, not often, it revs up by it self, and at full speed it stalls like if the throttle servo gave out... could it be a leak? what do i need to do to fix this problem?? please help!!!

tony
Old 04-08-2007, 10:15 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What temps are you running? It sounds like your engine is still running pretty rich. If you roll into the throttle slower, do you still experience the problem?
Old 04-08-2007, 10:18 PM
RcCarFreak

exact temps im not sure, but im sure it is running cool because u put a drop of spit on the head and takes is 10-15 seconds to dry up... yeah, if i roll into the throttle slower it doesnt do it anymore, its only when i slam it open all of a sudden... but even if i roll into throttle slowly, when the carb opens up all the way, it sometimes still stalls.. have any idea what to do??

thanks for your help!
Old 04-08-2007, 11:09 PM
RcCarFreak

but alot of smoke comes out of the exhaust, and some fuel comes out of the exhaust, could it be that its just running too rich???
Old 04-09-2007, 10:08 AM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What you're describing is typical of running rich. Also, if it's taking 10+ seconds for a drop of spit to evaporate, you're definitely running very rich. slowly lean in the high speed needle until it only takes a couple seconds for the spit to evaporate.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:10 AM
RcCarFreak

ok, im going to slowly lean it out, ill let you know how it goes... thanks for your help!

tony