Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Thieves

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 06:14 AM
eddiedeverell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thieves

So here I'am a new proud owner of a Kyosho MP7.5, well I take it up to my local bmx track, just my son ( 3 year old boy ), me, and the Kyosho. A few kids are riding their bikes, I'm having a blast. A n older guy next to me is driving his purple TMAXX. To make a long story short, I'm driving it, look over and my son is running away playing. I'm an over protective parent so I instantly stop the buggie where it's at, drop my reciever next to my bag, and run over to go get him. ( he was close to the parking lot ). Well this takes me about 2 minutes. I come back and everything is gone!!!!!!! I ask the kids if they saw anything, they tell me my friend took it, I ask what friend they tell me the other guy driving the truck. One other kid asked the guy what he was doing and the old man tells them to tell me that his friend took it. I'am so pissed. If you are the one who took it and are reading this go to hell. I go there often and I will see you again, this time I'll be waiting.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:20 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Default Thieves

That is so sad!!!!!! I'm truly sorry for you!!!!!

Have you called the police? It was a robbery, right? Right out in the open. Maybe the kids who saw him can help identify him?

Just a thought.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:27 AM
eddiedeverell

Default Thieves

Yeah I called the police, they were no help. I told the dispatcher what happened and she kept asking, so someone stole you kids toy, I kept telling her that it was not a toy. She than told me a police officer would be by to take a report, they wanted me to stay there, but, after three hours of waiting I said no way.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:30 AM
eddiedeverell

Default Thieves

Hey thanks for caring though, can I ask you a dumb question now, it really doesnt matter now, but, what does a servo saver do? I plan on getting another buggie, nothing that expensive again, cant afford it now, but I was just wondering.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:37 AM
crash_me_over

Default Thieves

Man....I really do feel bad for you....I mean it!!! I hate hearing stories like this.

I may be able to help you with another buggy if your interested. I bought one on RCU some time ago.....fixed a few parts on it and now it just sits. I really enjoy my TMaxx and other stadium trucks. It's a Duratrax BX buggy....nothing fancy...but it would be something to play with until you can afford whatever.

How about the kids who saw the guy take your rig? Maybe they can help you find him? Or maybe they saw the car/truck he was driving and could tell you something about it?

The servo saver deliberately disengages to prevent damage to the servo motor...it takes the abuse so your servo doesn't upon impact.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:59 AM
Dlock

Default Thieves

I am sorry, but stuff like that really pisses me off. I mean he has his own rig, why does he need to steal another persons fun and enjoyment? I would hope he knows the feeling of joy he gets from his own rig, why would he want to take that away from someone else? Do you remember pretty well what he looks like, or what his truck looks like? If I were you I would go around to all the local hobby shops and tell them to be on the lookout. He has an RC Truck, he has had to have been in a hobby shop at sometime.
I had a similar thing happen with my PS2. My neighbor stole it. I did some checking around, and ended up getting it back. I would try the Police again. Even if you have to go down to the station, atleast there will be a report on file.
I hope you get this a**hole!!!! Good luck and don't give up!!!
Old 02-19-2003, 07:00 AM
eddiedeverell

Default Thieves

I asked the kids, they did not notice what vehicle he was in, they thought we were friends, so they didnt pay attention. I just cant stand this, I'm married, have a son, work my butt off, than someone just takes what you earned! Iam not rich, so saving is kinda hard. Well, at least my son is ok. Yeah that duratrax would be fun, what would you want for it?
Old 02-19-2003, 07:04 AM
crash_me_over

Default Thieves

eddiedeverell.....I'll send you a PM.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:07 AM
eddiedeverell

Default Thieves

DLOCk, good point I think I will hit the hobby shops, I did not think of that, His TMAXX was purple, with white/silver flames. He was older too, thats what really got me, he was probably about 50. It's just pathetic. When I want something, I go buy it ( well, after asking the wife ) I would never dream of stealing it. I thought you get wiser the older you are, not everyone I guess.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:11 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

Default Thieves

Damn man.. That is just insane.. I dont know what to say.
I guess its a good lesson for all of us.
This is not a toy but actually an investment. this stuff costs just about the same as a computer these days!

I dont think I'll leave my stuff lyin around anymore.
Sorry it had to happen to you!
-ram
Old 02-19-2003, 07:14 AM
eddiedeverell

Default Thieves

Yeah, Iam still happy it was my RC and not my son. So many weirdos out there nowadays.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:21 AM
crash_me_over

Default Thieves

eddiedeverell....I sent you a PM.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:25 AM
eddiedeverell

Default Thieves

Got it thanks pal
Old 02-19-2003, 07:29 AM
crash_me_over

Default Thieves

Glad to help!

You've got to have an RC rig!
Old 02-19-2003, 07:31 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

Default Thieves

Hehe.. great viewpoint!
You know its ok.. things always work out one way or another. Maybe you'll win the lottery someday soon
OR maybe you lost your RC car instead of your real one.
All for the best Easy to say, but..
-ram
Old 02-19-2003, 07:48 AM
crash_me_over

Default Thieves

eddiedeverell....If you send me your email...I can send you the pictures as I just took some.
Old 02-19-2003, 02:56 PM
Celly013

Default Thieves

That is so "Un-Boca" of you... Don't let the locals find out...
Old 02-19-2003, 02:58 PM
Telloman

Default Thieves

LOL, Just cause im from Boca, doesnt mean I am Boca!!
Old 02-19-2003, 03:11 PM
Steve Guinn

Default Thieves

He is older and wiser. Besides, I don't think they let you run R/C in prison.

I think you will find out who this guy is. God, I hate thieves.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:01 PM
hoodiegadoo

Default Thieves

eddie-
I'm really sorry to here your truck got stolen.....I would definetly ask around the local hobby shops and go to the track a few times and keep an eye out for this guy. It can't be that easy for him just to dissappear unless he lives somewhere else and he was just passing through(hopefully thats not the case). But if you find him....turn him in, stealing something worth that much money will definitely cause him some serious trouble if he gets caught.....
Old 02-19-2003, 04:11 PM
gunrunner

Default Thieves

All thieves should be shot. There is no question about that.

However I am involved in all types of activities including an adult soccer club here were I live. And there is this one guy who brings his young children every time. He is constantly chasing after them and thus disrupting the game. Maybe you should not bring a three year old with you at all. Driving these things, as you know, takes almost %100 complete attention. And as we both know watching a 3 year old boy(I have one too) takes %150.

But above all thieves should be KILLED!!
Old 02-19-2003, 04:13 PM
Celly013

Default Thieves

Don't forget.. check ebay...
Old 02-19-2003, 04:24 PM
darkroland

Default Thieves

I don't understand how someone could have the complete lack of consience and be able to justify stealing stuff to themselves. A friend and I were talking about that this morning (in relation to full size cars, but it's the same general topic.)

Personally, I could never look in the mirror and say "Today i'm going out to steal something someone worked very hard for." The guilt would eat me alive. In relation to R/C, if I ever stole anything, I would never enjoy it! It would just be like a black mark hanging there. I just can't fathom how these peoples minds work. Ah well, I'm sure you'll run into him eventually. I bet it doesn't take much pressure to break a 50yr old's knee.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:57 PM
eddiedeverell

Default Thieves

I have the day off today, ran by my local hobby shop, and told them what happeved. They told me they were going to keep there eyes out for him, drove by that track 3 times, did not see him! Well, this stinks, Iam going to buy crash me overs buggies til I can save up for another. I'm going to get that XTM Terminator, found it for 360.00, great little buggie. Iam going to put alarms on it, the club, and buy a couple Rotteweilers to watch it.

Buggies R Us, you said its good it was the buggie and not my real car, no no no, my buggie was worth more than my real car!! lol
Old 02-19-2003, 06:17 PM
crash_me_over

Default Thieves

LOL.....How about a stun gun....some mace....ninja throwing stars....a rubber policeman's club....and "hungry Rotteweilers"?

Good luck on getting your rig back. If I lived there....we would be driving around together looking for that SOB!!!

Makes me wonder if the TMaxx he was driving was hot also?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.