Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Do not try!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 01:35 PM
scervin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do not try!

So last night I got home from work and thought since it was so nice I would run the truck around the street. Previously the temps in MI were very cold (10-25), but yesterday it went to 45. Anyway, after tuning it for the temp I thought I would look for something to jump. :idea: I found a piece of cardboard in the garage and saw the snow shovel if flipped upside down might make a nice ramp. Hit it a couple times kinda slow and it was fun, but I needed to do it with more speed. The jump was probably 15' from the garage opening and was facing into the garage. I hit the jump at nearly full throttle and as it was in the air everything stopped. My heart was racing and I could feel the eye coming out of my head as my rc was in mid front flip heading for my '02 1500 Chevy Z71!!! All I saw was the rc hitting the tailgate and scratching the bejesus out of it while also trashing my losi!! Well, it continued the flip and landed on all fours while the ant. top just clipped the bumper. Moral of the story.... don't use snow shovels as a ramp!!
SC
Old 02-21-2003, 02:07 PM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Default Do not try!

lol that had to suck
Old 02-21-2003, 02:25 PM
gunrunner

Default Do not try!

We all know how that feels. Not good. Nothing worse than hitting your own vehicle with another one of your vehicles.

It's been cold and wet here in North Idaho but it's already 40f out and it's still dark. Hopefully I can check out my snow sovel jump today. I think I'll point it away from the house tho.
Old 02-21-2003, 04:20 PM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

Default Do not try!

Yea, I am also in michigan, and I ran mine too. It was nice out. No coat needed for once! Yea!
Old 02-21-2003, 09:07 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Default Do not try!

Wise man say......Ohhhh....look out for Z71!!!
Old 02-22-2003, 03:09 AM
grampi

Default Do not try!

Guess you should've had the tailgate down, huh?
Old 02-22-2003, 10:05 AM
Moonunit451

Default Do not try!

I'm goin' the other way.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:58 AM
KyleSch

Default Do not try!

Another thing...don't jump your onroad cars! lol

The other day there was a little patch of ice I accidently ran over (it was raised) when I was just running the car around. The car went maybe 2-3 inches in the air. I am like whoops. So not thinking straight (my friend is over) I tell him to look while I try to re-create my small jump. Well he turned for half a second then turned back, missing the 2 inch jump(this one on purpose). Again since he didn't see it I tried to do it again...I obviously came at a different angle or something because the car went about a foot in the air, and landed on one of the rear wheels. It broke the thing that holds the wheel on (forget what its called). Luckily I had a backup and thats all the damage. And no I am not an idiot I was only going like 5 MPH lol. I need a monster truck so bad...
Old 02-23-2003, 03:28 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Default Do not try!

Originally posted by KyleSch
Another thing...don't jump your onroad cars! lol

The other day there was a little patch of ice I accidently ran over (it was raised) when I was just running the car around. The car went maybe 2-3 inches in the air. I am like whoops. So not thinking straight (my friend is over) I tell him to look while I try to re-create my small jump. Well he turned for half a second then turned back, missing the 2 inch jump(this one on purpose). Again since he didn't see it I tried to do it again...I obviously came at a different angle or something because the car went about a foot in the air, and landed on one of the rear wheels. It broke the thing that holds the wheel on (forget what its called). Luckily I had a backup and thats all the damage. And no I am not an idiot I was only going like 5 MPH lol. I need a monster truck so bad...
::reads whole thing then reads last 2 sentences...::

you jumped a touring car no matter what that makes you an idiot lol!!! dont worry though i jump my old TA-02 ALL the time and yet to break it now... I wonder what would happen if I jumped my new 12L3.... hahahaha i bet the chassis would snap.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:59 PM
jerniganrx7

Default Do not try!

relax man z71 is a truck not a corvette so you can repair both.
i would first fix my rc car then the work truck
Old 02-23-2003, 11:22 PM
KyleSch

Default Do not try!

Yeah fine I am an idiot lol
Old 02-24-2003, 12:02 AM
hoodiegadoo

Default Do not try!

a couple weeks ago there were a few guys out on the local 1/8 buggy track with some on-road cars. They were hitting all the jumps and crashing on the other side.....apparently had alot of money to get rid of.