Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Aggressor crash

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Aggressor crash

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 01:50 PM
ecoliburger
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aggressor crash

First BVM jet I have had, fly great but crash great too damn it. Do these things have a notorious tip stall? Cant figure what happened thought I had plenty of speed 5% flaps full throttle, engine running good, used most of the runway to build up speed. Little gusty but not bad, pulled up got about 10' and the thing rolls on its back I try and correct and it does about 3 full speed rolls to the right onto its back again, so I try and just fly it upside down. That works for about 1sec I manage to roll it back upright and I almost think I have control then it goes in. Almost seems like I lost total radio control, flying Spectrum, almost seemed like one flap was stuck down but they looked fine. Cant find anything mech wrong, battery good, servos ok etc. Only thing I can think is maybe a gust caught the thing, tip stalled it and my bananna brain completed the rekiting process.

Appreciate any comments on the Aggressor stalling or crashing. Kind of concerned that the spectrum locked out or something.
Anyone need a fixer upper Aggressor?
Thanks
<p>
Old 04-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Flying freak

Default RE: Aggressor crash

First, sorry you lost what looks like an awsome jet does it look like she will fly another day or...?

nowim not a jet guy but i have read about guys having troubl with the 2.4 stuff when carbon fiber is in the model apparently the signal cant seem to get through and i again dont know much about jets BUT.... i would imagein theres a fair bit of the stuff... could be somthign to look into...
Old 04-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never had any tip stall issues with any of the Aggressors that I have owned---One of the best flying planes I've flown. I've lost airspeed and had them sink rather rapidly but never tip stall...

Kevin
Old 04-29-2007, 07:16 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like you might of had it out of balance a bit maybe. the one i had flew great........ so great I'd often loose track of time and let the OS 91VR suck the tank dry and dead stick it in no problem.

kc
Old 04-29-2007, 11:06 PM
David Eichstedt
My Feedback: (17)

Was this your first flight? Did you check the direction of the aileron throw? Were the three rolls in the same direction you pushed the stick? Not to be a smart-aleck, but more than one experienced modeler has made that mistake!
Old 04-29-2007, 11:21 PM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: Flanker

Was this your first flight?
No thinking back now..........he reported a successful few flights almost a month back stating it slowed down really well with flaps................

kc
Old 04-30-2007, 09:43 AM
ecoliburger
My Feedback: (18)

Yes flown it several times before, this was the second flight of the day. Also I always give a quick check of the controls before I take off.
This one really has me scratching my head. Thinking it over I don't think it was the radio, it didn't go into fail safe. Only thing I can think is that one of the servos went wacko, but they all seem to work fine now. I will probably send them all in to be checked. The only other thing I can think of is that I pulled up too hard and a gust of wind rolled it on its back, not very likely I realize but I cant think of anything else.
Thanks for the ideas so far.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:31 AM
KC36330

could well be you stalled it not having enough speed for the AOA you were climbing (or attempting to climb) out at.

kc
Old 04-30-2007, 05:48 PM
tylers600rr
My Feedback: (10)

was this the one that was in the jet classifieds