Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Which ARF for OS Max 25

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Which ARF for OS Max 25

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 01:52 AM
n7tb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which ARF for OS Max 25

I currently have a OS MAX 25 running in a plane that specified a 20-30 size engine. It runs great. I know that eventually, the plane will bite the dust. I have done a quick look at some of the ARF's out there and few specify such a small engine. Can any of you give me a list of ARF's that fly well with this particular engine? I will need to replace the plane at some point.

Thanks,

Terry
Old 02-25-2003, 02:16 AM
kidkadet
My Feedback: (1)

Default ARF for .25

Take a look at the Lazy Tiger P51. It is a slow stable flier that really moves with a 25. It is a low wing but, it has a flat bottom. I'm still new to the hobby but I have seen this plane fly and was impressed. My 2 cents
Old 02-25-2003, 06:24 AM
n7tb

Funny you should say that. This is the plane that I have now, and I really like flying it! I suppose I could always replace it if it bites the dust, but I am interested in what else is available. I am sorry I did not mention the type of plane I had. that would have saved you a post.

It is a fun plane to fly and can really move around in the sky!

Thanks for your post.

Terry
Old 02-25-2003, 04:16 PM
kidkadet
My Feedback: (1)

Default lazy Tiger

Well I guess that rules that plane out. I have seen one fly and was thinking of buying one for myself. How do you like yours and how easy is it to fly.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:44 AM
Ralpher
My Feedback: (58)

Default World "30" sized ARFs

Any of the small "Thirty" sized World Extra ARFs. I had an OS25FX is this one and it really flew well. I also have a GP Extra 40 ARF, with OS46FX and they flew just about the same so I sold the little Extra to a fellow club member.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	58445_7037.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	36243  
Old 02-26-2003, 01:46 AM
Ralpher
My Feedback: (58)

Default Another look

Back side view...BTW, my engine was an "FX" so it might have been a bit more powerful than your "regular" OS25.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	58448_7037.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	36244  
Old 02-26-2003, 03:35 AM
sieman

Default Global/modeltech

I have the modeltech/global me 109. It is a great plane!!!! They also make an AT-6. They are very high quality, they have fiberglass cowls, reall heat shrink covering, and they go for only $89. The me 109 is not an easy plane to flies, it needs lots of speed to take off, but it will take off going slow, it will just tip stall and break up on the runway. So you have to hold the plane on the runway until you have built up enough speed. other than that it is a great flying plane. it flys like it is on rails. I have a OS 35fp on mine, but it is really old and I know it is not making the power it used to. I am pretty sure a new 25 fx would make as much or more power. Be ready this plane is fast! I think they also make a .25 sized cub. Good luck, and there are posts on here about the me 109
Old 02-26-2003, 03:44 AM
Mike Rojas
My Feedback: (2)

Look into the Model Tech Extra.I saw one this week at the LHS and it looked pretty good fo the price,it is a bit smaller than the WM 30 Extra.
Mike