Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

.46 strage things...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Neo9686

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .46 strage things...

Hi man, Today i made another step forward for the hard job of tuning this beast... I have only some question. I tuned it lean cause I want it to pull really hard on the terrain, and a good quantity of smoke come from the exaust, to make an idea i've locked the central differential with a 500.000 oil, and it wheelie every time i pull the trigger. Wverything should be ok, but i don't understand a couple of things:

- It idles irregular, high, low, high, low, until it stalls after 10 seconds, or (not everytime but 2 times on 3) stalls without the irregular issue when i stop the truck. it's not a brake/servo issue. Then, when i restart the engine a second time, the engine is uncompressed, like it has got no mixture! after a couple of pull it compress very well and start without problems, so i think it's not a temperature issue. i've changed the entire fuel/air line, with a filter in the fuel line and a empty fuel filter case between the muffler and the fuel tank (like my LHS tond me to fix the half tank issue)...

- it seems to go outrange (sorry for the bad translation...), it seem to go high RPM when i pull the trigger half, it is strange, RPM raises, but not the power...

I've to tell you that i cannot tell you the engine temp because i'm waiting for the infrared temp indicator (with the complete roll cage), i'm running a 25% nitro with a #7 plug. Engine has got 2 or 3 liters.

Can i ask you an another couple of things? i've an Optic 6 and an electron 6, it seems that when they are near the servos go crazy. why?
How are the Spektrum radios? i was thinking on changing my radio equipment because of that issue...

Thanks man for all the replies, please help me with this hard job!!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:29 AM
burningpoo

Default RE: .46 strage things...

could u please tell me where you learned about the empty fuel filter to fix the half tank problem, I would like to look into that more

sorry i can't help you
Old 05-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Neo9686

TRD can tell you more about that, my LHS told me to do this, but i don't know if it really helps..
Old 05-10-2007, 08:37 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually guys, its not an empty fuel filter, its an ONFA fuel filter and primer installed between the tank and exhaust.

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4462148/tm.htm]Read this thread completely to get the whole story!!!![/link]

BTW: Once you fit the valve you will have to retune your engine(lean out the high side alot, I think I had to turn mine in like 3.5 full turns. And then lean out the low side to control the idle/low end circut)