Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

home brew starter box?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 07:42 PM
green river rc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default home brew starter box?

Has anyone ever built a homemade starter box? I mean it's just a box, motor, battery, drive wheel and a momentary switch...right? I know there are a lot of tinkerers here on RCU it's just our nature. I'm thinking about trying to make one from and old airplane starter and maybe a wooden box. I have my own wood shop already and have access to a machine shop if needed. I thought I would check here first for some ideas. I know I know... I can buy one but what fun is that, besides it just my little way of sticking it to the man and the hobby shop.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Nick2618

Default RE: home brew starter box?

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...ap+starter+box
Old 05-17-2007, 04:27 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

I am in the process of building one. It will be made from an old PC power supply box, a 12v airplane starter with the cone replaced with a bump wheel.

I think it would be just as easy since you will be working with wood.

I can buy one but what fun is that
I feel the exactly the same way. I already have 2 starter boxes that came with lot purchases. I am building one just for the fun ot it, knowing it will work, and since I have all the parts, I dont have to buy anything from the Hobby store.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:37 PM
green river rc
My Feedback: (2)

I have even entertained the idea of making it AC for around the house bashing.

I may buy a drive wheel and machine my own adaptor to fit my starter motor shaft. I have a nice piece of popular I plan to plane down to 3/8" for the box. There are a few things I have to steal....I mean borrow from work (momentary switch, and connectors) then I can get started.