Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Can someone clear this BIG ISSUE for me ( Back to Joe nall )

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Can someone clear this BIG ISSUE for me ( Back to Joe nall )

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 04:18 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned
My Feedback: (67)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone clear this BIG ISSUE for me ( Back to Joe nall )

As we all know there was a bad crash at Joe Nall, according to David Shulman he claims that someone turned a radio ON that was on the same frequency that he was on. Here's where I have a problem and again I'm bringing this up because something is just not making sence ( TO ME ) and maybe you experts can shed some light on me.

He claims that he was on 72 Mhz and someone proved that he was on it by posting a picture.

Here's the picture that was shown

Now that we have that particular subject clear I'd like to know on these pictures the following:

Where's the lady sitting with the that attractive flaming red hat a few feet away from where David was standing?

Where's the safety barrier, fence or whatever you want to call it ?

I Just can't find the antenna unless it fell off the TX

I also see blue skies during the video, is it possible that a video gives you blue skies and a picture grey skies as shown ?

Last but not least, the guy standing or spotting for David is wearing a Spektrum shirt, Is it possible that it was on SS ?

Here's the Video just in case some of you dont know what I'm talking about, feel free to freeze it right at 0.55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t1q3SWfcVA

I know I'm going to get my ass torn up in here for doing this and it'll probably piss a lot of people off but, I have a BIG problem with what we're being told as it's just not adding up due to these pictures and videos. I dont want to buy a system that it's taking cheap or expensive planes out. I hope I'm wrong if I am, feel free to insult me and all those things that some of you do best....

If for some reason you can't view the video anymore, I have it saved in High Def and I can upload it.

I would also like to watch that video that Dustin Buescher shot standing next to David unless it burned or got majorly edited.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:29 PM
Shui
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Can someone clear this BIG ISSUE for me ( Back to Joe nall )

Johnny,

1st shot with the lady in the hat - that was taken during a noontime demo. She was trying to photograph the planes during the noontime show (from what I can tell and remember).

The 2nd image shows Dustin with his camera, myself and David Payne (caller). David works for Horizon, hence the Spektrum shirt.

I was flying 72mhz on channel 59 (as mentioned before).

So, to make it clear - I was on 72mhz, channel 59, someone turned on and I was shot down.

I flew Spektrum in my new 3.1Meter Extra 260, and obviously should've installed it in my Ultra, otherwise we wouldn't be discussing this.

If you need anymore clarification, well, sorry, cause that's all I got man!
Old 05-23-2007, 04:34 PM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aw come on, the truth never got in the way of any of the other great conspiracy theories of the world, JFK, moon landing, WTC Attack etc.. I say it's a CONSPIRACY, truth be gone!!
Old 05-23-2007, 04:38 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned

David,

I know I'm probably swimming in real deep waters here but you know I'm a bit slow on things, actually a lot of people know that about me. If possible to clear my doubts could you get Dustin to show his fancy Sony Video ? it doesn't have to be the entire flight I just want to see the take off and the right to left low pass and I promise you and everyone that I will never bring this subject up "AGAIN"
Old 05-23-2007, 04:44 PM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

Jetflyer,

As a Criminal Investigator by trade, I want to commend you on your powers of observation. Good eye.

Mike
Old 05-23-2007, 04:59 PM
heads-up

i was there and i saw him with a spektrum radio unless a 72mhz. has a really short antenna. i felt the heat from the jet blowing up. i believe my friend has pictures of him that radio but hes in albany n.y..... whoever posted that picture with the long antenna defintitly took some classes in microsoft paint and is really good covering things up..REAL MEN OF GENIUS... MR. r/c jet scammer guy...
Old 05-23-2007, 05:02 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys, I have just looked into this a little more deeply, and I would say I have to agree, Johnny did do due diligence here, I checked the angles, and watched frame by frame, Shulman does not appear to be swinging the same antenna that we see in the photo above from any angle I can see. That's not to say that it isn't there, I just can't see it.

Error401, can you check the original dv footage and see if there are any other zoomins? Particularly I checked the video and the later stills in the video, typically the transmitter is still in the pilots hand as he starts walking out to the carnage, I checked the hands of everyone in the photo, and no one is holding the transmitter. Does anyone recognize any of the other pilots on the flight line?

FWIW, David has always been a straight dope guy whenever I have spoken to him, can't imagine why he would not tell the truth about this, so I would take him at his word.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:14 PM
B58
My Feedback: (43)

delete
Old 05-23-2007, 05:18 PM
seanreit

Different pilot and the transmitter on the ground is either spektrum, or antenna down, you can't tell.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:19 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned

ORIGINAL: B58

Might as well stick my nose in. At the start of the video you can see the pilot moving into the pilot box with a long antenna. Bob
Hi Bob,

Unfortunately you're looking at the wrong pilot. That pilot walking to the flight station is getting ready to take off with the big flip flop to his right. David Shulman ( Blue shirt ) is positioned in his station prior to take off.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:23 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

LoL, I can't wait to read this soap opera. Give me More I'm bored!
Old 05-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

Actually if you zoom into the trees with a photo editor you see something very remarkable

Old 05-23-2007, 05:24 PM
B58
My Feedback: (43)

I watched it again, and quickly deleted my post. You guys are quick. Got to make some popcorn. Bob OH man, bigfoot has a DX-7 in his right paw!
Old 05-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Shok

I could have sworn I saw an Airtronics radio in his paw
Old 05-23-2007, 05:28 PM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Anybody check behind the fence on the grassy knoll?

Dave
Old 05-23-2007, 05:30 PM
seanreit

ORIGINAL: rcguy!

Anybody check behind the fence on the grassy knoll?

Dave
That's Secret Angent's Job
Old 05-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

What reason would Jason have to be hiding the fact he was on 2.4, his jet went in and is looking for answers??

V..
Old 05-23-2007, 05:36 PM
dragonpilot
My Feedback: (38)

Wait a minute, there was some talk on the other post about him hitting a romulan cloaked bird and that there was some alliance there. But no one mentioned the fact that the klingons have the cloaking technology as well and I don't think there is an alliance with JR but with another radio brand... something to think about...

Hey Johnny, I'm just joking but if there is seriously a conspiracy behind this incident, I would never think that but that would be huge. For what it's worth, all the spectrum flights I've witnessed (about 20 and not mine) have been a success and they have all been with dual battery packs. Personally, you'll find 2 battery packs in my $100 prop planes, Why people don't do that is beyond me. Like I always say, if you don't have power, you're screwed.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:41 PM
heads-up

jetflyer24 your going to get run arounds good post
Old 05-23-2007, 05:47 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned

ORIGINAL: Vincent

What reason would Jason have to be hiding the fact he was on 2.4, his jet went in and is looking for answers??

V..

V,

To some this is strictly business and to others this is an incredible hobby that we enjoy to the point that it creates problems at home. I for one don't do this for a living ( thank God ) but before I buy a product I need to read and see that it works 99%. I understand what David is saying as far as his TX goes BUT I'm reading and wintnessing waaaaay too many issues with this new system and to be honest with you it's got me spooked. I'm also questioning this matter for the simple reason that a lot of people that refuse to jump in here are singing a different tune to this song. I would really like to watch Buescher's video as he was on the flight line without it being edited and I will stop asking questions, until then I will not look the other way. I like David and he claims to not have any issues with me but my gut feeling is telling me different and as much I like him I'll go with my own gut feeling.

My point is, I don't want to find out the hard way that this "Amazing" new technology doesn't work. I saw it at Top Gun and it's here again and I don't want to hear this bull***** about power systems and crap so save the speech on that.

Moderators, I ask you please don't scrap this thread, there's a lot more people than you could possibly think wanting some answers on this matter. Feel free to delete the idiotic, attack posts but please keep it open for the sake of us.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Shok

Someone out there has to have some photos from this particular flight.

Any been posted in other forums?
Old 05-23-2007, 05:57 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Someone better start talking fast!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38914.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	690213  
Old 05-23-2007, 06:01 PM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

There was another shooter in the grassy knoll!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 06:01 PM
dragonpilot
My Feedback: (38)

Hey Johnny, I was just joking but if there is seriously a conspiracy behind this incident, I would never think that but that would be huge. For what it's worth, all the spectrum 2.4g TURBINE flights I've witnessed (about 20 and not mine) have been a success and they have all been with dual battery packs. Personally, you'll find 2 battery packs in my $100 prop planes, Why people don't do that is beyond me. Like I always say, if you don't have power, you're screwed.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

JH wrote: <<<too many issues with this new system and to be honest with you it's got me spooked.>>>

I am with you on this J, i am hanging on to my 72 stuff for the time being.

V..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.