Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Powerflight Batt. Systems

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 03:16 AM
airheaddan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerflight Batt. Systems

I'm building a 35% Carden Edge, and I've never had any experience with the new lithium Batt. packs. I'm considering the Powerflight system and was needing any input from someone who has tried this system.

Thanks Danny
Old 03-04-2003, 04:23 AM
Kallikrates

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerflight Batt. Systems

I dunno I've looked at some of the prices for some of the products and I wouldn't buy them at their price then again I deal with lithion ion/polymer packs everyday and I know a little about them. I wouldn't trust a 4000+ airplane to a lithium ion pack with no protection cuircut installed mabye if I had two of them on each receiver.

edit just to add you can find lithium poly's in cell phone battery sales for less than around 5$ and use regular phone chargers but I wouldn't trust these in a reciver batt but park fliers have been doing this for a year or so same type of cells same capacity same voltage can be bought from fma

Product Name: 7.2V 3000mAh Polymer Lithium Polymer Battery Pack JR
This battery pack is far lighter than NiCd or NiMh packs and does not require cycling, just charge and go! Able to source 9.0 amps. Configured as 2 Cells in Series configuration.

Connector: JR/Universal
Weight: 4.8 oz. (136 gm)
Size: 2.5in.x3.8in.x.42in. (63mm x 96mm x 10mm)
Recommended Use: IMAC 45% or smaller/.60 Heli or smaller
Recommended Accessories: Regulator, Charger, 1 amp load

Kokam Li-Poly Battery
Kokam 3270 mAh Lithium Polymer Single Cell with a Bare PCB Attached.
Size: 95mmH x 64mmW x 5.45mmT
Weight: 64 grams $30.50

seems like they use 2 cells from the dimensions but is $70 for some shrink wrap some wire a connector and a sticker

Then again mabye they use some premium cells that I don't know about but I'll stop here