Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Tower Hobbies Again

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Tower Hobbies Again

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 12:36 AM
Whirley Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tower Hobbies Again

I should have listened to the person who had the problem with TH.
I placed an order with them on Friday.
I was told it would be shipped on Monday.
I called Monday and was told it was going out via UPS by 2 PM.
I never received a tracking number so I called today and they said it takes 2 days to process the order and another 2 days to package my items.
They said it will go out LATE today and it never did.
I asked to have my close to $200.00 placed back in my bank account.
They said they can't do that.
I was informed that I have to follow through then return the items and it would take a week for them to send a check to my bank.
I know all about the local shops but their prices were unreal so thats the reason I ordered from TH.
But that will be my last and I just may return the items.
Thanks for letting me blow off some steam but TH is not treating the RC folks right.
The treatment is more like abuse
Old 03-05-2003, 12:43 AM
daren
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you a tower member? If your not you should be. then you'll receive first class service. my stuff always arrives before due date.
Old 03-05-2003, 01:08 AM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I knew, it I knew it, I just knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said to myself," before I even read this thread Randall, I'll just bet someone is *****in about having to wait an extra day or two for their stuff". YOU WAITED TO THE LAST MINUTE!

I waited to the last day of the month too (yes, Friday!) to order my P-51 kit, retracts, and a couple of other items, and lock onto the sale prices and coupons, just like you! NO, I haven't received word of it being shipped out either yet. BIG DEAL!

Unlike you, I don't bad mouth this fine company just because they can't stand on their head and whistle dixie with their mouth full of crackers ALL of the time!(They only do it MOST of the time)

They 've gave me prices nobody can beat: $45 worth of coupons off the already low prices, and a free membership in their Super Saver club. They are always helpfull on the phone, and have a great web site to order from. They always drop stuff off at my door without a signature required(so I can go to work during the day)

CUT THEM SOME SLACK WITH UNREASONABLE EXPECTATIONS!!!??? OTHER PLACES, INCLUDING YOUR LHS, WOULDN'T EVEN OFFER YOU YOUR MONEY BACK!!! Shhheees...
Old 03-05-2003, 01:09 AM
Whirley Bird

Originally posted by daren
are you a tower member? If your not you should be. then you'll receive first class service. my stuff always arrives before due date.
I was not aware that I had to pay for better service.
Old 03-05-2003, 01:38 AM
JCOKEEFE
My Feedback: (2)

Originally posted by daren
NO ONE should have to be a "Tower Member" to
receive "1st class service".
Old 03-05-2003, 02:24 AM
branded
My Feedback: (9)

Originally posted by RandallM.
I knew, it I knew it, I just knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said to myself," before I even read this thread Randall, I'll just bet someone is *****in about having to wait an extra day or two for their stuff". YOU WAITED TO THE LAST MINUTE!

I waited to the last day of the month too (yes, Friday!) to order my P-51 kit, retracts, and a couple of other items, and lock onto the sale prices and coupons, just like you! NO, I haven't received word of it being shipped out either yet. BIG DEAL!

Unlike you, I don't bad mouth this fine company just because they can't stand on their head and whistle dixie with their mouth full of crackers ALL of the time!(They only do it MOST of the time)

They 've gave me prices nobody can beat: $45 worth of coupons off the already low prices, and a free membership in their Super Saver club. They are always helpfull on the phone, and have a great web site to order from. They always drop stuff off at my door without a signature required(so I can go to work during the day)

CUT THEM SOME SLACK WITH UNREASONABLE EXPECTATIONS!!!??? OTHER PLACES, INCLUDING YOUR LHS, WOULDN'T EVEN OFFER YOU YOUR MONEY BACK!!! Shhheees...

Couldn't have said it better myself !.....
Old 03-05-2003, 03:12 AM
Kevlar
My Feedback: (47)

Default Power to my PEEPS!!

Fortunately (I hate to say it) I've had good luck with Tower. Not withstanding though, any internet based/mail order company might have problems with shipping, tracking, packaging, etc.

If this is a real problem, we here at RCU have the backing of TONS of hobbyists that spend millions of dollars, be it from LHS, On-Line, or bartering as we do here, have a voice and should express our opinions and pass them on to Customer Service Departments.

Just think if the thousands of RCU'ers emailed/contacted Tower (or any other shops) and expressed our dissatisfaction, Dang! We'd get some satisfaction, and they just might wake up!

Thoughts?

I’m willing to draft a letter on our feelings after some editing from all of course.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:38 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Tower Hobbies Again

Originally posted by Whirley Bird
I never received a tracking number so I called today and they said it takes 2 days to process the order and another 2 days to package my items.
I was informed that I have to follow through then return the items and it would take a week for them to send a check to my bank.
I know all about the local shops but their prices were unreal so thats the reason I ordered from TH.
Thanks for letting me blow off some steam but TH is not treating the RC folks right.
I am suspecting that there could have been a retrenchment at Tower and they could be running their operations with reduced manpower ?? I'm seeing more complaints in RCU now than a few months back..........
Old 03-05-2003, 03:55 AM
David Cutler

You must have left some details out of your message, as it looks like you are the one at fault, not TH.

Do you think you have these problems with all the companies you buy from?

-DC
Old 03-05-2003, 04:04 AM
ufdfireman

I never have a problem with TH....
I always get my order within 4 business days.
I actually broke my Hobbico hand crank fuel pump and they replaced it for me.. I didnt even have to return the old one.

However, Tower customers should be aware of a possible risk to their bank accounts.
DPI Inc, a major Credit Card Authoriazation service (Im positive TH uses this Co) was hacked at the end of February.
Millions of CC numbers were stolen.
There were 3 transactions @ $150 ea charged to my account that were not mine.
Bottom line.... keep a close eye on your account and report any fraud immediatley.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:37 AM
greenboot

If you find it necessary to call them every day to check if your order has shipped yet, maybe mail order is not for you. There will be times they don't ship the very next day, that's the way mail order works. If you are not happy with your order, I'm sure they will let you return everything. But don't expect them to put the money back in your account before they get their merchandise back.

Why not do business somewhere you trust? This is supposed to be fun.

Tom
Old 03-05-2003, 05:59 AM
CafeenMan

There are companies that can match Tower's prices on almost everything except Hobbico Mafia items and as a bonus, they actually treat you like they want to keep your business because you like doing business with them - not because they're the only game in town.

Check around and you'll find a lot of alternatives to Tower and once you do, you'll never look back.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:24 AM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Patience....Grasshopper......
Old 03-05-2003, 06:23 PM
Crashem

Default Re: Tower Hobbies Again

Originally posted by Whirley Bird

For all those reading this thread. Take take the time to search out WB's previous posts. On numerous occasions in the last several months WB has posted complaints concerning tower hobbies service and quality of products? yet he still continues to do business with them!!!!! I for one can't understand how an individual can have this many problems with a company and Still use them!!!

He a complained about the quality of their RTF trainers yet he has bought several
He complained about a tower combo deal that substituted on model radio for another.
.... a warped flight box ......Radio specs that don't tell him how to modify the Tx and the list goes on.....

Know I do believe that RCU is a great place to report on substandard vendor performance but this just gets old fast.

WB a suggestion: Don't buy from tower you and the rest of us will feel better!!!

WB Have you every heard the saying fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me!!! I can't think of a more appropriate way to some up you dealings with tower hobbies!!!
Old 03-05-2003, 06:28 PM
Flyboy Dave

Default Amen.....

....I've been doing business with T.H. forever....
....and NEVER had a single problem whatsoever....
Old 03-05-2003, 06:30 PM
foxx

I have been with Tower since 1988 and I have always been treated right. A couple months ago they agreed without any problem to let me to return an $200 item I had purchased even it had past 30 day deadline and my account was fully credited , needless to say they had all the legal rights to refuse and I don't have any special membership. This is a good company and that is why they are still around.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:39 PM
Buz^

Default ok ok

W-BIRD , I have a solution. STOP!! buying from Tower and start buying from CHIEF AIRCRAFTERS, that way, if you start complaining about them I'll know your fibbing. On a side note guy's: any of you watch the Simpson's? you know how Homer will do something dumb, then re-think it and do the same exact thing again, let out a shriek!!!! re-think, and do again?? just an observation Buz^
Old 03-05-2003, 06:43 PM
CafeenMan

Buz^ - The one where Lisa is doing a science project and puts electrical cords on the fridge with a cupcake on top. She proves that a mouse is smarter than her brother.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:57 PM
heavy date-RCU

Been dealing with TH since 87 and have never really had any trouble at all with them. Always treated right and am happy with the service.

I guess some people would complain if you hung them with a brand new rope!!!!!

Hans
Old 03-05-2003, 06:58 PM
CTDave

I just want to say that I also do not have a problem with TH I place my order on the web they tell me about a week it is always here in two or three days with coupons and extra deals.They have been great
Old 03-05-2003, 07:01 PM
Flyboy Dave

I busted a new T.H .75 motor last year....I called and
ordered a new crankcase, muffler, and misc. bits and
pieces....the Lady warranteed (gave me) the muffler
for free....without me even asking.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:03 PM
glowplug

Even though I view Tower as "Big Business", I've never had a problem with them, and really I can't beat their prices.....you might find prices as low at other places, but by being a member of the "Super Saver" club (which is guaranteed to save you more than the $15 annual fee or your money back) you get many great deals...in addition to the normal $5, $10, $15, $20, etc. off orders over certain amounts, I also get free shipping on orders over $150, and great coupons, which often have items for absolutely free. Just last week I got a free Hobbico digital voltmeter with my order ($25 value....and my old voltmeter just broke a few weeks ago). In the recent past, I've also got a hand drill set, power panel, and a control throw deflection meter all absolutely free. Even if I don't need these items, I always take advantage of the coupons, so I can give the items to somebody else that needs them.
I don't join the "Super Saver" club to get good service, I do it because it saves me a lot of money. With all of the free items, discounted items, and free shipping, I probably save at least $75 a year.
Even though the people that pick the phone up at Tower when you order might not know the first thing about R/C, they do value your business, and have always treated me right.
Now on the other hand, if I had multiple problems with them, I would not continue to order there....Crashem pretty much summed it up with the "shame on you" saying!

Mike
Old 03-05-2003, 07:15 PM
vkernus

Default another 2 cents

I am newly returned to the hobby and have made several purchases from TH without a problem. Recently, I ordered a covering iron which, upon inspection, arrived without the support rest. I e-mailed TH and within 2 days received a new covering iron with the rest. When I asked about returning the original, the customer rep said not to worry about it.

in my opinion, a great company, with a tremendous on-hand inventory and great customer service.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:19 PM
Mustang51
My Feedback: (25)

I've been in the hobby for 19 years. I have dealt with Tower on many many occasions. I can only ever having ONE little problem with a shipping issue. (Hardly even worth mentioning).
I can only say that Tower has always treated me right.
I have even called their 1-800 "Order Line Only" phone number with technical questions. Instead of telling me to call the appropriate technical service #, the girls on the other end handled my questions like pros. If they didn't know the answer, they went and asked someone who did...all on their dime.
I try my LHS when possible and spend as much as possible there. But you know something? My LHS is 1\2 hour away (1 way).
They don't always have what I need (wasted trip). Then, when I asked them to order it for me, they're happy to... the next time they place their order with their distributor, the following week.

9 1\2 out of 10 times, Tower has the things you need in stock.
S&H vs. my gas money and time? I figure I'm breaking even there.
To be able to make a phone call or order via website, and have the stuff delivered to my door? WITHIN DAYS?? PRICELESS!

Tower is the BEST!

-Mustang51
Old 03-05-2003, 07:36 PM
Whirley Bird

Originally posted by CTDave
I just want to say that I also do not have a problem with TH I place my order on the web they tell me about a week it is always here in two or three days with coupons and extra deals.They have been great
GEE!!!
How about that.
When the other person had problems all I head was how bad TH was.
Now that shafted me I have all you guys just come out from under your rock with a flame thrower.
I have the right to post what I want and I will continue to do so.
Seems to me that all I see here are a bunch with hearts full of hate.
May I suggest a Bible to some of you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.