Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

revo

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 05:15 PM
86revo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo

what kind of radio equipment should i get for a revo 3.3 if i am going to race
Old 07-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Nitro-4 Tec 3.3

Default RE: revo

i suggest a spectrum DX3R
Old 07-21-2008, 10:11 AM
MTpockets

i have not heard anything bad about the 3r yet, but i do not suggest the dx3.0. i have had nothing but problems since i got it. my buddy that i race with still runs his tq system since we realized that he is almost the only one not running some sort of spectrum system.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:03 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Nitro-4 Tec 3.3

i suggest a spectrum DX3R
X2 great Rad
Old 07-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Mouton

Assuming you have already upgraded to proper racing class servos (say ACE TT DS-1015 or Futaba S-9350) why not consider a Futaba 3PM 2.4 FASST? The Airtronics MX-3 2.4 would also be worth consideration. You are better off spending the rest of your budget on a better engine or spare parts. You will not be a more successful racer with a Futaba 4PK in your hands that with a cheaper 3PM 2.4. The Futaba 3PM would allow you to change servos as well and that is a true improvement, which makes your car more responsive and better to drive.

Those who buy the high-end models do so because the feel the grip when holding them is perfect for their hands, they really can justify the need for one of the few functions these transmitters have that the cheaper ones do not or (and this is where the biggest group belong) they want the coolest toy to impress on their friends. Ah, he has a Futaba 3PK or an Aitronics M11R - then he must be good! I hope you see the irony here and that you realize that there is a valid point behind my rant.

Any true racing champion with an RTR radio will drive the pants off any hobbyist with the best gear money can buy.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:34 PM
sfar785

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have fun searching for crystals when you're at the the track and someone is running the same freq. as you. Most people upgrade to the Spektrum radio JUST to get rid of the crystal problem, and there IS a need for the settings that the Spektrum has, it's designed for getting the most out of your truck, the only people who don't see the point of the Spektrum is the people who can't afford them