Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Smoke Tank Question...help needed.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Smoke Tank Question...help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 02:32 PM
TUMBLER
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoke Tank Question...help needed.

Hi,

I am running two wing tanks that feed into two seperate vent lines in a header tank and then the clunk line on the header runs to the pump. I did not tee the two wings tank together because they would not drain evenly I am told. My question is, how do I fill? If I put a tee between the header and the pump, will it pump fuel into the pump?

Thanks!

Tumbler
Old 06-27-2007, 02:52 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Smoke Tank Question...help needed.

The header tank must overflow into the second tank. The second tank must overflow into the third. The first two tanks cannot have a vent at all. The third tank is the only one to have an overflow/vent. Then all of the smoke oil is drawn from the header tank and it will drain the third and second tank before it drains itself. The header tank will be connected to the pump.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:54 PM
TUMBLER
My Feedback: (13)

That doesn't answer my question. the first tank DOES have to have a vent that overflows into the wing tanks. You are talking about setting them up in series which is not a good idea because the tanks drain unevenly. I am doing them in parallel because they are in the wings and need to drain evenly to maintain lateral balance.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Jet Lag
My Feedback: (26)

You need a shut off in the line just before the pump, then put a tee in the line before the header and attached a fill line.