Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

newbie to skylark

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

newbie to skylark

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 02:28 AM
nrblaydes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie to skylark

I've actually bought a skylark and i was wondering about the triming of the tail rotor.....i notice that you would need to trim it every time when you switch the model on or else it'll will swing to one side and it's kinda hard to counter it back. Is there any other way to over come this matter? Please advice.

Besides that, i do need a manual on the settings of the flybar as well as the alligment for it. My manual are all in chinese and it'll take me nowhere. Doesn't anyone have any idea how can i obtain a manual in english. Thanks
Old 03-07-2003, 09:42 PM
Thrustline

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tail rotor action you talk about is part of the mixer setup they use, at each turning on of the battery, it receives a signal to know where zero is for the throttle and the tail motor, you must set it to the trim centers on the ruddr and down on the throttle each time before turning on the battery.
1. If the heli is turning left or right, with the battery off move the "setup" on the gyro counter-clockwise to correct for too much to the right or clockwise to correct for too much left. Then power up the battery, wait for the light and then try again..once you get this right it holds very well keeping the heli straight, unless something pushes it that way or this, ie. light wind or if in the house sometimes the rotor wash from objects you fly close to.
I have the manuals for the FEDA Dragonfly and the Skylark, I have one of each of these little guys, great flyers once you take your time and set them up. I will look for the site where you can download them and post it later, I don't have it here at work.
Have Fun!!!
Old 03-10-2003, 01:04 AM
nrblaydes

Thanks a lot thrustline. By the way, do you know where i can get the spare parts for the sky lark? i actually need to get the main rotor shaft, swashplate and the gyro / speed controller. i was wondering if i could use the FEDA main sharft for the rotor. please advise. Thanks
Old 03-10-2003, 01:20 AM
Thrustline

The main shaft is shorter on the feda than the skylark, the skylark is the same length as the piccolo main shaft, but the Skylark is keyed, to use a piccolo you have to drill out the key.

Here is the link to Skylark and FEDA parts.
http://www.amersfoortairport.com/indexe.html
Old 03-10-2003, 02:49 AM
nrblaydes

Thanks thrustline for your help :-)
Old 03-10-2003, 03:04 AM
Thrustline

Now you have the option of using whatever speed mixer you want, you can use any of the mini heli speed controller sets. a piccoboard, MIA robin, feda or the skylark speed/mixer. if you use a piccoboard, you will not need the gyro if you have the earlier version of the skylark, The current version is a clone of the piccoboard with built in gyro. A few options on how much money you want to spend, a new head-locking type is the best answer, but abit higher in cost.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:01 PM
ATC4U

its the same heli as the Century Hummingbird..go here and get your manual online.
http://www.centuryheli.com/products/...bird/index.htm
Old 03-11-2003, 04:42 AM
LTEDT

what do you mean by driling out the key?
Old 03-11-2003, 04:55 AM
Thrustline

The rotor head and the main gear has a flat side and the original shaft is machined the same way with a flat on each end to key which way it inserts to the pin holes. Use a drill the same diameter as the shaft to make the holes round to use the piccolo shaft. It doesn't effect the pin that locks the shaft or the gear in.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:54 PM
LTEDT

Oh I see the Skylark has a flat side to help line up the keys.
Thanks Thrust!
Old 06-13-2003, 09:40 PM
asquires

How do you tell later or earlier model, mine has small receiver and gyro board with 2 pots.
It seems that gyro and receiver are plastics shrinked and thin velco seperates them.

Thanks
Anthony
Old 06-13-2003, 10:02 PM
Thrustline

The early model doesn't have any pot adjustments.
Old 06-15-2003, 11:21 AM
hansieinthemix

Originally posted by thrustline
1. If the heli is turning left or right, with the battery off move the "setup" on the gyro counter-clockwise to correct for too much to the right or clockwise to correct for too much left.
which of the 2 potentiometers is the "setup" one?

thanks
Old 06-15-2003, 04:04 PM
asquires

I adgusted the pot on the right about 1/8" i think ccw and it helped straighten it up.
Old 06-15-2003, 06:28 PM
hansieinthemix

ok, thanks, I'll try it.