Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

How Would You Know

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 08:26 AM
fastgrafix2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Would You Know

I just got into nitro and learning pretty fast, Heres a Q about tuning the Cars/trucks? When you are tuning the top end how do you know when you reach peak performance on the top end? before you tune the lower, Also i have a street force gp w/ a v15 engine, When i take off from the start it will sound like it whin's then takes off. does this mean that my lower end needs to be tuned for the low speed performance? Low speed seems to be sufering from the start. top end no prob. Thanks for any info from a-z about tuning would help.
thanks
Fastgrafix
This is my New Street Force GP 190mm Onroad touring car
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	61002_27443.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	37620  
Old 03-07-2003, 08:40 AM
fastgrafix2

Default here's the inside

sorry for the pics but would like to know what people think about the hop-ops and ask if there are any suggestions?
Thanks, Sorry Car Is Not For Sale or Trade.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	61006_27443.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	37621  
Old 03-08-2003, 01:04 AM
Moonunit451

Have you read this yet? http://www.rcnitro.com/rn/articles/super_tune.asp

Beyond that it sounds like you need to richen the low speed jet some and the high speed really needs to be determined by the engine temp after running hard for several minutes. Do you know about the spit test? An infered digital temp gage is th best. Also, you should have a good smoke stream and oil coming out of your stinger at all times or you're too lean.
Old 03-08-2003, 03:15 AM
fastgrafix2

Default Too lean

So i should have a good smoke stream and oil coming out of your stinger at all times or you're too lean. some times i do but other times i dont. i need to get the low speed to pick up faster. it takes off then when it shifts it goes like a bad out of hell. i would like to get the Speed off the line. not to worried about the distance. my street is only so long, by the time i get it up time to hit the break. But it sounds like the clutch slips at first then grabs.
would like to set up to grab off the start. does this mean i need to adjust the lower end?
thanks
Old 03-08-2003, 06:28 AM
Moonunit451

If you need to know about clutch adjustment and stuff you'll need to wait for someone more experienced than I . I only have a one speed car too, so not any help on that account. You can look at this http://www.rcnitro.com/rn/articles/ht_7step.asp
and wait for someone else to answer you on that. If no one picks up on this thread by tomorrow night or so try rephrasing your question in a new thread. Someone will help.