Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

How Tight should the Linkages Be ??

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

How Tight should the Linkages Be ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:12 AM
niteman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Tight should the Linkages Be ??

I crossed over from Heli's where control linkages being not too tight is critical for consistent centering-trimming etc...

On my AW 50CC Yak the supplied 4-40 Dubro Links have always seemed too tight (all of them) to me putting excess strain on the servos and pulling more amps then they should. I followed the instructions to the letter. Plane flys great, but in back of my mind the linkages have always bothered me. Servos are 5955 all around so they handle the load, but.....

Is there a way to adjust them if they are too tight or just replace with better ones ??

I realize we don't want flutter, but how tight is too tight ?? Sorry to ramble [8D] --Thanks Guys

Dan
Old 07-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: How Tight should the Linkages Be ??

No problem. I'm with you on the usual plastic ball links. Like the heli guys I always had to give them a little squeeze with some pliers to break some of that stiffness loose. I got a bit tired of having to do that and switched over to Rocket City ball links some years ago and have never regretted it. More positive control, looser in the socket without worries and a great product overall. The originals are distributed by Nelson Hobbies now and called RCL linkage products. Hanger 9 and a few others have tried to copy the design but the only ones that come close to as good as RCL are the ones currently being distributed by Wild Hare RC.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:52 AM
niteman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Silversurfer

So give em a soft sqeeze with pliers is the trick??
Old 07-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, but don't go overboard and make them too loose.