Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera Dragonfly 5#6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Agarabaghi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera Dragonfly 5#6?

How come I cannont find anything on this model?

It seems like it would be perfect for my needs, which are:
Smallest 4 ch helicopter
Ability to fly indoors.

http://rchelicoptersonline.com/pro1077743.html

anyone have more information / reviews about this model R/C?
Old 07-08-2007, 10:45 PM
M0RD

Default RE: Walkera Dragonfly 5#6?

Hey there, I've had one of these for about a week or so now and it's been great so far. I'm still learning to fly my walkera 4, but this one is a coax heli so it is a bit easier to fly. I've dropped it out of the air at least 10 times and no damage to report. If it does break you can get parts for it. I'm not looking forward to fixing this if it breaks though because the parts or so damn small. My flight times have been roughly 10 min with stock battery. It is an expensive little heli too . But so far it's been fun to fly. It's also pretty fast in foward flight.

Mord
Old 07-09-2007, 10:32 PM
GreenRacer
My Feedback: (3)

WOW That is expensive. You could get one a lot cheaper off ebay.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:29 AM
M0RD

Ya, that one you have linked is expensive. Here is a better price from high volt heli http://www.highvolt-heli.com/walkeraRChelicopters.html
Old 07-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Agarabaghi

any other sites to order it from, the one you linked says out of stock? all the ebay sellers want like $50+ for shipping...
Old 07-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Agarabaghi

anyone ever ordered from this website...? it seems like they have a lot of stuff along with parts...

http://www.rc-fever.com/walkera-drag...-rtf-pr-5.html
Old 07-23-2007, 12:20 AM
330xi

I bought one and had a faulty servo. I got a replacement servo and now the other servo is acting up.
This little heli is pretty tough. I've had countless small crashes without damage. I can't get it to fly very stable.
Compared to my lama v3 it's almost uncontrollable. Actually I find that controlling my other "real" helis are easier to control.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to set it up better?
I got this thing to replace my lama for indoor flight but am just getting frustrated w/ the instablility. I figured it would be a little less stable b/c of its size but I have to fight it just to hover most of the time.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:00 AM
daveuk2

Hi I recently got one of these in the uk, well yesterday, only had 3 flights but seems you have to really make tiny movements on the sticks (as its really responsive) also have to get the head speed up for stable flight, need to get the thing up to shoulder height before she performs, also keep an eye on the swashplate, it can pop out of the housing and just needs a push back in, I'll report more after more flights. So far I love this great little heli!!.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:46 AM
daveuk2

It would be nice to hear about any hop-ups or improvements people have made, I know there is a longer life battery for these out there, also a really nice alloy case, anyone managed to get one?

Also its apparent the Transmitter could do with a little expodential as its really twitchy, has anyone managed to adjust the servo horns to tame the little beast?

I have managed to find a small screwdriver and tightened up the blades a little (seems a bit better)

Has anyone bothered taking off the canopy and tried increasing the giro gain on the little screw?? I am tempted to give this a try, should reduce tail movement a little more.

I have seen many videos on You tube where these are flying really well, one was being flown in a car while car was driving a speed!! so I know they can fly well and controlled? perhaps its all down to practice?

If anyone has made any improvements please share them?

Thanks
Old 07-30-2007, 08:00 AM
daveuk2

Another update, I have taken the canopy off my little monster to adjust the gyro gain (I was hoping I could improve the tail spin that occurs after a few minutes of flight) I seem to be able to use full left tail trim but as I keep flying the tail still creeps round. I was hoping I could get the balance just right.

After many attemps I have placed the screw back to how it was from the factory. I found adjusting that screw only made things worse! at some positions un-controllable!!.

I think the slight tail creep occurs as the Lipo gets below a certain voltage and then the giro gets less of the volts due to the 2 motors drawing volts out of the Lipo (correct me if I am wrong) I guess the only way to improve would be a longer life battery or to slightly weighten the opposing blades to create more torque thus help the giro. I will keep trying to figure this out.

If anyone has a detailed explanation of how best to use the giro gain screw, it would be a great help??????????????????
Old 08-07-2007, 03:12 PM
jester409

I found my 5#6 to be way out of adjustment out of the box. However, after adjusting servo arm position and link length, I was able to leave the ground with little to no cyclic input. It will also cruise around the room inches off the ground and it dealt with ground effect with ease.

IMO, at the moment this is the best indoor sub-micro 4 ch. heli out there due to its tiny size, yet comfortable stability.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:21 PM
jester409

Also, I found the creep problem of this heli to be caused mostly because of the upper main blades not tracking correctly. Creep would start up for me 1/3 to 1/2 of the way through the battery and I could not get it trimmed properly. Once the upper blades were tracked, I could get the tail steady with very little trim and the creep only starts occuring at the very end of a battery.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:22 AM
daveuk2

HI Jester,

I too am very impressed with this little heli, I would prefer some Expo on the controls as they are far too twitchy, I am still struggling with the lail turn/drift you describe, I thought I'd tracked blades perfect with still a drift problem.... wish I could sort it. I think the motors fitted do not always match and then you get this problem. Other than that I really like it. On the new versions they need an adjustment between the motors.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:23 AM
jester409

ORIGINAL: daveuk2

HI Jester,

I too am very impressed with this little heli, I would prefer some Expo on the controls as they are far too twitchy, I am still struggling with the lail turn/drift you describe, I thought I'd tracked blades perfect with still a drift problem.... wish I could sort it. I think the motors fitted do not always match and then you get this problem. Other than that I really like it. On the new versions they need an adjustment between the motors.
I will agree to a degree on the Expo, but the touchy controls are actually starting to grow on me, as it adds a bit more thumb difficulty to flying a mundane coax.

As far getting the tail to hold, you may be on to something with the unbalanced motors. Make sure that neither motor has un-needed drag caused by a gauled main gear or one of the shafts being out of align/bent. If all is good with everything else, maybe a new set of motors will solve the problem. Good luck.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:39 AM
jester409

I spoke too soon...

I changed out the swashplate and blades, now my tail drifts slightly even with the rudder trim all the way to the left. I'll first try changing back to the old blades to see if that solves the issue.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:50 PM
daveuk2

I tried cutting a little off the tips of the top blades, seems to allow enough trim now but needs a bit more throttle to get climbing

I might try changing ALL the blades to see what happen's Also could try different combinations of blades????

They need to fit a variable pot that does both motors as this is a real shame.

Cheers

Good luck.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:52 PM
daveuk2

I found a few other threads a couple of days ago, one is a monster of a thread with pages of advice, I will try to get time to post link on here (I am at work now and favourite link is at home)

ALl the best
Old 08-21-2007, 04:12 AM
samconomos

Has anyone found a better battery for this thing?
Can you post a link if you have?
Cheers
Old 09-16-2007, 09:54 PM
edith228

there is a new walkera release 5G6,look small size as 5#6,I see many store sell it:
http://www.rc-spareparts.com/walkera...tf-p-1535.html
http://www.walkera.com.hk/Walkera-Dr...a-pr-2787.html
both as walkera model,which is the difference bettween them?
Do you have any suggestion?
Old 10-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Whistler71

ORIGINAL: GreenRacer

WOW That is expensive. You could get one a lot cheaper off ebay.
Not really, they may be a little (not alot) cheaper, but come from Hong Kong or China and have a shipping price tag to add which is around $30 more than the selling price...

Unless you know something I don't...