Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Futaba 3PM 2.4 Ghz FASST..Failsafe?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Futaba 3PM 2.4 Ghz FASST..Failsafe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 11:12 AM
sugelle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 3PM 2.4 Ghz FASST..Failsafe?

I just purchased the Futaba 3PM 2.4GHz Fasst w/R6033FF receiver and it is awesome! I use Hi Tec digital servos for steering and for the throttle/brake. After installing everything and hooking it up, I do have a few questions.

1) What is the difference between HRS and PPM modes? Am I supposed to use HRS since I have digital servos?

2) I am confused how to set failsafe when in HRS mode?? The instructions for this section (page 42 of manual) start out by saying you must have a HRS receiver to set failsafe using the menu function. Is the R603FF an HRS receiver? Can someone explain to me how to set my failsafe in HRS mode[sm=confused.gif]???
Old 07-15-2007, 01:37 PM
ken0276
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Futaba 3PM 2.4 Ghz FASST..Failsafe?

As my knowledge, R603FF is built in fail safe, it's a HRS/PPM receiver, HRS is for digital servos and PPM is for analog servos.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:04 PM
rezenclowd3

The failsafe is built in, but you have to set it every time you lose power to the RX. If you dont, the failsafe is "last given command" which could be full throttle. If you use all digital servos, then you can use HRS mode, and set it on the radio, and it remembers the settings.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:08 PM
sugelle

rezenclowd,

Thanks! How exactly do you set it on the radio when in HRS mode? I got it to work by "dumb luck" the other day but for some reason I still don't understand how it is set??? When I hit SEL button and get to the Failsafe menu, I hit the + and - keys and it displays a percentage...then what??? It seems to max out at 68%???
Old 07-16-2007, 11:41 PM
rezenclowd3

I dont know. Look in the manual. I have the 3pks w/Fasst....Also I have yet to use the HRS failsafe...Ive just had a buddy show me, to convince me that I want digital servos;-)
Old 07-17-2007, 07:27 PM
SAVAGEJIM

That is correct, in HRS mode, you must have digitals servos to use the radio functions in your radio. Futaba says that the electronices could be damaged if you use analogue in HRS mode.

As for failsafe, I too do not know for the PM radio. I too have the 3PK with FASST module and RX