Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

1/10 touring traction

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 12:34 AM
bixster_inc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/10 touring traction

I have decided to rehabilitate my rs4 evo. I stripped it down did some carbon fiber, replaced all the stock bearings with ones of better quality, changed the gearing a little, put a real set of tie rods in there, got a fresh set of tires with some serious meat and dropped in an o.s. 18 cv-rx. I just spent the entire day playing with diffrent cambers, toe ins and toe outs and i some how managed to destroy the foam inside the tire without harming the tire. cutting to the chase my question would be is i have seen these cars on websites with a traxxas 3.3, ones with supercharger and intercoolers all set up like mine but driveable. mine just spins out all over the place even with the lightest of throttle. the scary thing is I haven't even dialed this engine in at all, i still have alot of power to gain. i am almost tempted to go to the store by 20 2-liters of cheap soda, walk outside on a hot day and completely tackify my street. if anyone has a solution that wouldn't upset my neighbors please let me know.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:04 AM
texaschilidog

Default RE: 1/10 touring traction

Id try a set of swaybars and a good set of 35shore foams.
Search around and try to find some setups on the internet for your conditions.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:07 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep. It's the foam tyres. Go get some!!

Here's a base setup for you, but you'll need something like the item pictured (not cheap) in order to set the car up accurately...

Front:
Camber 1*
Toe OUT 1* on each wheel
Shock oil (assuming two hole pistons) 500wt
Sway bar
Ride height 6mm
40 shore 26mm foams

Rear:
Camber 2*
Toe IN 2.5-3*
Shock oil (assuming two hole pistons) 400wt
Sway bar
Ride height 7mm
42 shore 30mm foams
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27235.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	727836   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75137.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	727837  
Old 07-22-2007, 04:26 AM
bixster_inc

Ok thats 2 for foam tires, how well do they hold up on asphalt though? I was always told to only use foam on carpet, do they make em stronger now or something? I would hate to take a corner and watch chunks of foam fly off. thanks for your replies guys.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:39 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unless you roll the car, you won't see chunks of foam flying. Whoever told you they are only for carpet, is crazy. In actual fact, they will last longer than the rubbers on car park surfaces or racetracks, due to the reduced wheelspin. They don't last forever, but if you turn equally as many times left as right, you can wear them fairly evenly. That's the thing really. When bashing I tend to turn more left than right, it's just more comfortable for me, so I end up wioth more wear on the right side. It's ok though, cos after you run two sets this way, you can mix and match. They're not wildly expensive either, and there's no messing around with inserts or tire gluing.