Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Thoughts on New Racing Category: Full-Contact

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Thoughts on New Racing Category: Full-Contact

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 08:40 PM
rudukai13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on New Racing Category: Full-Contact

Well, this is the product of spare time and nothing to do with it...I've been thinking-I know, terrifying, isn't it? But heres what I've been thinking: Full-Contact RC Racing. The point of the race is not to have the fastest lap time or finish the most laps. The idea is to disable your opponent in one way or another. No corner marshals and it would be done onroad so you woldn't have to worry about bad landings from jumps. Basically you try and flip over your opponents. The last car still driving is the winner. This is not at all worse than regular offroad racing or bashing, and is actually a little less severe. I'm thinking about trying to start something like this in Colorado if anyone is interested send me an email. Please post comments to help develop the idea, and if you think it's a bad one please say why. Now if you'll excuse me, I have more nothing to do.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:52 PM
hands without shadows

Default RE: Thoughts on New Racing Category: Full-Contact

Ever heard of BattleBots? Thats pretty much what your asking for, except the vehicles are all specially designed and custom built. If your completely serious about this I would look into it.

I think you want more of a demolition derby type thing. Some tracks have a demolition derby class where people run stock 1:10th stadium trucks in which you must run 19t motors and 1500 mah ni-cad packs, their bodies are made of thin sheet metal and cover about half the wheels for that cool dent effect. Usually little kids run it until there is only one car left or the batteries die. It would be cool if you were allowed to have better batteries and a 15t motor limit, you could get some good speed then
Old 07-28-2007, 09:02 PM
rudukai13

Actually no, what I'm talking about is running on a regular circuit track, haivng all the cars run in the same direction, and using plows or other contraptions to try and overturn all your opponents. It's not destroying your opponents car, it's just disabling it. I am trying to start a club that does these sorts of races, if you're in Denver my email is [email protected].

Edit: I forgot to add, there would be rules against devices that used explosives, projectiles, or electronic enterfierance (SP?), so that it would keep it somewhat safe and not cause massive amounts of damage to the cars.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:14 PM
nothinbetr2do

good luck with that, at the cost of quality rc today you would be nuts to try
Old 07-28-2007, 09:22 PM
rudukai13

And of course nobody in there right mind would throw a $700+ MT at a 5 foot tall ramp and let it drop 20 feet from the air onto its back, and yet I can go onto YouTube right now and find more videos of just that then you can watch in the next week. Here, think of it this way-takeyour Revo and lift up on one side until it rolls over onto its back. That's all I'm talking about doing, not slamming these things into eachother headon at 30+ to make a combined 60+ mph.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:36 PM
hands without shadows

ORIGINAL: rudukai13

Actually no, what I'm talking about is running on a regular circuit track, haivng all the cars run in the same direction, and using plows or other contraptions to try and overturn all your opponents. It's not destroying your opponents car, it's just disabling it.
Im not sure what the fun in that would be, I think regular racing with nerf style bars all around the car would be more fun. You could try and run people of the road, damage would be minimal, and there would still be a racing aspect. If you allow people to run plows and such its going to turn into BattleBots.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:41 PM
nothinbetr2do

yes, thats true. but they have more money than they know what to do with
Old 07-28-2007, 11:51 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I would hate that. I can see people getting angry and potentially starting fights.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:39 AM
rudukai13

Don't people start fights at regular races all the time also?
Old 07-29-2007, 03:20 AM
xxRyanTxx

Sounds fun and profitable if you own a hobby shop Although this would be fun with say Tamiya TT01s as the cars and parts are quite cheap.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:58 AM
(X)

lol, I think this would be cool with my Savage X,

I'd just run all you stadium trucks over
Old 07-29-2007, 08:33 AM
2916jr

get a 1/5 scale car 20$ say no car smaller scale can turn that over and you could send the 1/10 scale cars across the track if you get hit by that thing