Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

GS Storm racing engine?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 05:00 PM
gunrunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS Storm racing engine?

Anyone know the fastest racing engine for 1/8 storm rtr. I was told by someone (can't remember who) about a 4hp motor? Sounds kinda unbelievable. If this engine is avail. who makes it and were can I find it? How much $$. Also what does it top out at (mph) with stock diffs.?
Old 03-12-2003, 05:17 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a couple of killer engines out there. There's Rossi's performance engines (black magic, HTS, HPS, and Maranello) that are incredible (I have 4 of them myself). There's the RB C5 Rody Mod (I have the C4 version). There's also the Sirio and OS 21VZR offerings. As far as cost, expect $300+

My Storm Pro with Rossi HPS with a 14 tooth bell in in the 55-65 MPH range (using the stopwatch method, it's impossible to get an exact reading).
Old 03-12-2003, 05:25 PM
gunrunner

cool. Thanx for thr info. I'll check em out.
Old 03-12-2003, 05:31 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

WHAT!!!
60Mph with a 14T clutch bell? Sweet mother of God! I thought I was gonna get 60 tops with that 18.. but now I cant wait!
I got onroad buggy tires. but now I gotta get some rims for that.

I can only imagine what I'm gonna do with that 18T HAHA!
Dude Ship it now! lol
-ram
Old 03-12-2003, 06:22 PM
maneki

I probably know the answer to this question, but I'm gonna ask anyway.
Where did you get the 18T clutch bell? I put an 18T in my T-Maxx, and that was easy to find, just used the Traxxas one made for the .15 engine, so would the one for the GS just be one for a .21???

Thanks
Old 03-13-2003, 11:04 PM
AdamB
My Feedback: (9)

If you do upgrade the motor, should probably upgrade the clutch shoes as well too.

I placed a stock GS Storm 3 shoe flywheel and clutch shoes on my savage as a cheap upgrade from the original Savage 2 shoe. I even used the GS Storm 13t clutch bell. Wow, can we say torque.

I since switched to a 16t clutch bell and noticed that one of the clutch shoes was cracked at the stud hole. I upgraded to MIP 7.5 aluminum shoes.

My $.02