Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

fuji 26ei

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 09:30 AM
iammisterc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuji 26ei

fuji 26ei...Radio interference - Glitching?? - I don't know. This is a brand new motor, purchased 3 days ago. Placed motor in a new aero-works (120 size) plane. First thing, the needle valve was stuck and motor would / could not get fuel. Took apart the carb and fixed. Next, could not hand start the enjine, so used an electric starter. As the prop began to spin, the elevators starting going up and down, the alirons began to flutter, and the motor servo began to surge. The motor finally started and the pulsing of the motor servo said shut-er down. I disconnected the motor servo, checked all for tightness, and fired up the motor (again having to use an electric starter), all servos were going nuts again. I changed receivers, no help. I am using a spectrum dsm, 7 channel radio @ 2.4 gh. All this equipment works fine with my first place enjine. WHAT'S GOING ON??? 44 years with glow fuel, only the second gas motor I have owned. Was fuji a poor choice in small gas motors? Second question, Where can I purchase a prop bolt to accomadate a true turn spinner? I purchased the motor from Chief Aircraft and they did not have one.
Please help.
Tom C - Oregon
Old 08-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: fuji 26ei

It sounds like the ignition unit is making some noise that's getting into your R/C system. You need to make sure it's well-grounded to the battery ground. You may need to add some additional shielding. People have found that wrapping the EI unit in foil helps. You may need to do this with the sparkplug lead as well.

Fuji-Imvac doesn't make an adaptor for Tru-Turn spinners. You may be able to modify a prop bolt by drilling and tapping it, but you need to make sure that there's enough bolt left to do a good job holding the prop.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:16 AM
iammisterc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fuji 26ei

The spinner adaptor was an easy fix: 1. You can drill the the end of the bolt and tap it (this does not effect the threads that are holding the prop... 2. You can order a tru-turn adaptor Manufactuer Sk. #0835A. 3. fuji's home page shows a picture of the prop adaptor.

The radio glitching is another world. I have found that wraping about 3 inchs of aluminum foil from the ignition box down the spark plug cable and then grounding it with your finger to the engine cures the problem. However, I can't fly the plane and hold my finger on the enjine at the same time.... I then used a piece of TV cable, cut off the rubber inso, slid off the metal mesh, and unwrapped the plastic foil insolation. I then wrapped the foil around the plug cable down 3 inches, installed the mesh, then wrapped it with electrical tape and grounded the metal mesh to the engine. This did not work. Again, I applied presure with my finger on the plug wire and every thing worked again. Next, I thought I could use a couple of slip ties to hold the shielding up next to the igniton where my finger was. This did not work. I could still squeeze the plug wire where the slip ties were and all would be well again. Take my finger off and the radio equipment would start going nuts again and the enjine would die.

problem cured: I returned the fuji to the place of purchase and bought a First Place Enjine.