Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Venom NR3D and NR3D micro

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Venom NR3D and NR3D micro

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 11:31 AM
DeadSticker
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venom NR3D and NR3D micro

6 days ago I bought both of these helis. The reason I chose them is because I have been using venom products in my cars for years and I have been very pleased. I have been flying helis for the better part of a decade. From the sub micro ms hornets up to 90 size nitro birds and everything inbetween. When it says RTF, you would expect them to be ready to go right out of the box. That was not the case with either. With myself it was no problem getting them adjusted right, but for someone that has not fully setup a heli I could see that bring nothing but headaches. After about 3-4 days of tweeking, I finally got them both to fly great. But now I have another issue. The batt for the micro had a cell go bad after 6 flights, and the motor is really weak, to the point that after a full charge it would only hover about 5-6" off the ground. On the NR3D, the motor went bad after 9 flights. And that was with no aggresive flying on either one. Just hovering and FF. So to make a long story short, I'm going to pick up a axe cp and put the VNR3D on a shelf...Anyone else have problems like these?? Or did I just get some bad ones...
Old 09-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Velocity-8
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Venom NR3D and NR3D micro

Unfortunately RTF means your don't have to build it but not necessarily set up. Do you have an experienced pilot that can help you set up?

Also, skip the Axe EZ. Tons of problems with those. An ESky Lama V4 or Blade BCX2 is better. If you can afford it the Hirobo XRB is the best co-ax heli on the market.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:47 PM
DeadSticker

I dont need an experienced pilot to help. Like I said I have been flying helis for almost 10 years, and still currently have my most favorite ship of all...my excell fury extreme. The counter rotating helis are for people that would like somethin easy to fly, that have no setup experience. I was looking for a 3d ship to fly inside my house/wherehouse. I was just voicing my opinions Venom Air Corps helis and was wondering if anyone else has had issues like this...
Old 09-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Velocity-8
My Feedback: (15)

I re-read your thread and I see I missed your point, sorry.

The Venom helis are re-badged Walkera product. Walkera can be hit-or-miss when it comes to quality.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:07 AM
DeadSticker

Its all good...i speed read sometimes too lol...I bought a dragonfly when they first came out and it was the biggest POS...half the linkage ends were just a hair too big so there was ALOT of slop in the head assy, mine had a bent shaft out of the box, the list goes on...
Old 04-01-2008, 05:35 PM
RC Reaper

ive had my venom 3d micro for about a month and off and on ive been tweeking it. my problem is that the blades are at 0 degreese pitch and the v2 switch is at about 10 to 11 position and the v1 is at top zero and ive even had it set at headlocking position using switch 12. but it still seems to not want to lift . the battery is reading correct volts and the motors seem to be up to rpms i cant figure it out. im new with 3d helis. ive flew a couple of 2d helis nothing fancy. cant figure it out.