Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Fuji BT-64A throttle sensitivity

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 09:25 PM
Carpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuji BT-64A throttle sensitivity

Has anyone else had trouble like this?

My Fuji BT-64A, with a linear throttle operation - it seems like even 1 click of power is a big difference in power.

My DX-7 radio does not have throttle expo in fixed wing mode so I intentionally made the throttle linkage non-linear, and hooked up the linkage as close to the servo shaft as possible, now it takes about 2.5 or 3 clicks of stick for what used to be about 1 to 1.5 clicks.

once I get past about 1/4 stick it seems to be pretty linear again.

I'm trying to get a "softer" low end for landings on a 1/5th scale mustang.

Anyone else have any other Ideas? Any would be appreciated.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:58 PM
mtwister

Default RE: Fuji BT-64A throttle sensitivity

If you are new to gas, this is usually the first difference you will notice. Gassers have most of their throttle response below 3/4 throttle. I had to set a throttle curve on all my gassers because they are way to sensitive when set linear. Usually a good mechanical set up is a large arm on the carb and a short arm on the servo. Hope that helps,

Mike.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:20 AM
PAPE

I run the same fuji engine and it just works like that. I dont have expo onmy controller and I did the same as you, with a non linear arm mecanism helped a little but not what is wanted you need expo thats all
Old 09-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Carpilot

Well I made a new lever for the throttle linkage, kind of a straight bell crank, and cranked the travel adjust to max in both directions. I have alot of servo movement for very little movement on the carb now, it worked a little to good as now I don't have quite enough travel to get to WOT.

a little fine tuning and I think I'll have it about as good as it will get without throttle expo.