Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Leak or Vapor Lock?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 01:01 AM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leak or Vapor Lock?

I'm having some trouble with my HPI .15FE. I have a feeling it is vapor lock because the engine is hard to turn over. But, on the other hand, I suspect there might be a leak because I hear a hissing when I am at the end of the stroke. I went through about 2-1/2 tanks, left it a while, then when I came back to it, the thing was very hard to turn over and It wouldn't start. I have even taken the head off, inspected that nothing obvious was wrong, and put it back on, and still the same thing happens. I tried a different glow plug, and still the same thing happens. Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 03-23-2003, 01:17 AM
KyleSch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leak or Vapor Lock?

Yes the hissing is not good, first try de-flooding the engine as vaporlock is something that can happen any time, not necessarily because something wrong, and it may just be liquid so deflood the engine. Next try to figure out where the hissing is coming from. A likely place is through the glow plug, make sure its on tight enough. If it still hisses take off the head and check the shim, if that is ok then it might be the carb. Listen around the carb for an air leak. Another thing I read to do is put water on parts of the engine, like around the carb, and see if bubbles form. If they do get some silicon sealant to plug things up.

Kyle