Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Hamburg PA Jet Jamboree, October 19th, 20th & 21st, 1800' Rolled Grass Runway

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Hamburg PA Jet Jamboree, October 19th, 20th & 21st, 1800' Rolled Grass Runway

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 09:56 AM
RickBoyer
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hamburg PA Jet Jamboree, October 19th, 20th & 21st, 1800' Rolled Grass Runway

The Farview R/C Flyers would like to extend a fantastic opportunity for you to join with us in flying radio controlled model jet aircraft at the Grim Airpark in beautiful Hamburg Pennsylvania, (Perry Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania). Located just minutes off of Route 78, 61 and 222, our new club has been able to secure an old favorite RC flying site that the Tri-County Wingsnappers club used from 1971 to 1996. We will be having an AMA sanctioned Jet Rally on October 19th, 20th and 21st from 9:00 am til dark. Food and beverage will be available all three days.

Our flying field is located at 375 Farview Road, Hamburg Pa 19526 and has the following Radio Control user friendly amenities such as, an impact rolled 400' by 1800' grass runway, covered pavilion, aircraft hangar, kitchen facility, long secluded private drive and an abundance of parking as well as several thousand feet of flyover zones. This privately owned property is a state registered airfield and is one of the nicest flying sites in the northeast! All turbine powered and ducted fan aircraft operating any frequency are welcome to fly at this three day event. Landing fee is $15 for three days of flying. On site camping is available (no hookups) for $15 and the field is located close to many local hotels. Kingcats and Bobcats with angularly mounted turbines are welcome on this grass field!!

If you have any questions about the event, please visit our website at www.farviewflyers.net or contact CD Rick Boyer at <[email protected]> 610-944-9150 , CD Erik Rudjord at <[email protected]> , Kerry Sterner at <[email protected]>, Dave Renninger at <[email protected]> or Lee Buskirk at <[email protected]>. The event is also listed on BV's website.

Very sincerely yours,

Rick Boyer CD
Secretary, Farview R/C Flyers
Old 10-01-2007, 03:29 PM
RickBoyer

Default RE: Hamburg PA Jet Jamboree, October 19th, 20th & 21st, 1800' Rolled Grass Runway

Hey Guys,

Here is a link to one of the closest Hotels (it's a brand new Microtel Hotel next to Cabela's off Route 78 and 61) that some of the pilots are staying at for the event.

http://www.microtelinn.com/reservati...asp?facid=2503

There are several others in the Reading and Allentown area.

Rick
Old 10-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 86 Likes on 75 Posts
Default RE: Hamburg PA Jet Jamboree, October 19th, 20th & 21st, 1800' Rolled Grass Runway

Is the grass of golf green consitancy?
Would it handle wheels as small as two inches in diameter?
Old 10-08-2007, 07:24 PM
RickBoyer

Hi Bob,

Our runway used to be a fairway for a nine hole golf course. We impact rolled it twice with a six ton vibratory impact roller back in early June. I have routinely flown my BVM Bandit off of the runway with no problems. We cut it as low as you can without killing it. We also catch the grass for events!

Sounds like you have some small wheels for sure, but I am confident you'll be able to get off the runway with relative ease!! Bobcat and Kingcat friendly too!!

Hope to see you at the event!!

Rick
Old 10-08-2007, 07:32 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rick
Have you flown the A4 from the strip ? Bob just pack the HUN drive east for 8 hours you can find out for yourself.
Semper Fi
joe
Old 10-10-2007, 03:29 PM
RickBoyer

Hi Uncle Joe,

Erik and I may fly the A-4 this weekend. He has been busy flying full scale jets for the past few weeks...... We plan on flying the A-4 at our event off our grass field.

Rick
Old 10-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 86 Likes on 75 Posts

Joe,
It turns out I'll be in the windy city that weekend.
Have a great time, that field looks fantastic!
Bob

ORIGINAL: uncljoe

Rick
Have you flown the A4 from the strip ? Bob just pack the HUN drive east for 8 hours you can find out for yourself.
Semper Fi
joe