Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

downgrade from 22e to ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:31 AM
DaxFX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default downgrade from 22e to ?

hello after some attempt to fly my new 22e I just destroy it. I order the complete metal head I had a spare boom since first day and lots of carbon fiber blades. last time I flew the heli was totally aout of control it was spinning by itself when lift off do a drop boom strike I bend boom. missing tail gear and rubber grumet horizontal little wings broken, fly bar bended, ball linkage all destroy and a little of smoke from main motor. WOW. that's Dead On Action.
I just fix the boom buy locally the tail gear, and superglue to ball linkage. the heli look like can fly again. I try again but heli keep rotating and if I lift off rotating even more. Maybe the Gyro,mixer,reciver or a burned motor I dont know I just order this.

complete metal head
new main motor
new reciver

I have on stock.
Tail boom
main blades
rotor blades

when recive replacement parts I will mount everithing and let the heli for decoration for a wile.

Here is my question. I want to buy a 4ch helli for practice but a real 4ch not an imitation that can not teach me something. I have the 3ch micro mosquito and that thing fly awesome but does not teach anything on how to handle helis. what is the best to learn 4ch non coaxial or 4 ch coaxial. I know coaxial are more stable and easy to fly but only inside since a little of wind will made a blade strike. also they wont teach how to control pitch and other primary things. I was thinking on Walkera #4. control are more like to 22e.

What is the best to downgrade from 22e , Coaxial or non coaxial to later upgrade to 22e again.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:39 PM
jtspin

Default RE: downgrade from 22e to ?

The Walkera #4 or the Esky Honey Bee FP would be good FP helis to learn on. They can both take more abuse than the 22E. You might want to pick up some training gear and try [link=http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html]RADD's School of Rotary Flight[/link].

Good luck!
-JT
Old 10-10-2007, 05:38 AM
DaxFX

thats what I think ! walkera 4 and HBK they are the same heli . I wil try to find a good deal. if you know any good website that sell low price let me know please. !! thanks very much. I think I will go with walkera . bc I have another walkera also I got the PRE-Flight simulator Walkera edition and have both of them 22e and #4.

Also I as checking out some webstore and found a Walkera 22d 4 ch . you know something about that heli. ? its a new model ? alse there are like 4 different model of 4ch non coaxial walkera. wich one will be the best ?
Old 10-10-2007, 09:33 AM
heliaction

If you got the preflight sim then i suggest you spend more time on that, do the radds and you will be fine with the 22e. One advise i could mention with the 22e is put some weight on the flybar and move the servo arm link to the inner whole. With those two mods, it will slow the heli down somewhat. something else to think about, if you lift of into a hover a little earlier the head speed will be less and will also slow the response down. Bear it a thought before you go out and buy another cheap heli to learn on. I got the 22e to learn on and it served it purpose fine for 8 months then i got a trex. the trex is so much nicer i wish i never upgraded the 22e and got the rex sooner.

Just my 2 cents worth
Old 10-10-2007, 05:07 PM
DaxFX

ORIGINAL: heliaction

If you got the preflight sim then i suggest you spend more time on that, do the radds and you will be fine with the 22e. One advise i could mention with the 22e is put some weight on the flybar and move the servo arm link to the inner whole. With those two mods, it will slow the heli down somewhat. something else to think about, if you lift of into a hover a little earlier the head speed will be less and will also slow the response down. Bear it a thought before you go out and buy another cheap heli to learn on. I got the 22e to learn on and it served it purpose fine for 8 months then i got a trex. the trex is so much nicer i wish i never upgraded the 22e and got the rex sooner.

Just my 2 cents worth
good point about servos. will be the 3 of them? also I need a expert help me setting up my 22e when I recive the metal head. This is my first heli and have been over a month reading on how to settup this heli and everybody have diferent ways. I need to know the best way to get in the air and move . latter when I can lift off, hover and move around without crash I will take next step to 3D here are my main problems.

1- what is the best pitch setting to start for a begginer at what point do I should have pitch to take off. at 1/2 truttle or 3/4 truttle. where are the best position on PLT and P/T knobs for begginer.

2 when time to install new metal head, what position have to be every channel (sticks, knbos, trim) on transmitter, how pitch its supouse to be at that setting on transmitter. I suppouse is +-0 pitch when all sticks and knobs centered less trutle(complete down). correct?

how do I best adjust pitch in metal head? by adgusting links or moving up and down T-shape holder ?

ALSO
what is the bast way to control this thing.

3D mode to take off. pitch at 0 on knob with 3/4 thruttle change to 3D in ground and lift off by controlling pitch not rotor speed. and keep flying like this. (I think it will be more stabe since constant RPM but also I think will slow down RPM's by adding to much pitch. Will need to setrict the amount of pitch traveling. some one know how settup heli this way?

or is best to fly in normal mode?