Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Longer prop shaft for G-26

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 10:17 AM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Longer prop shaft for G-26

Does Zenoah, or any other aftermarket co. have a longer prop shaft available for the G-26? I have a 1/4 scale Pilot Super Decathlon that I want to put the engine in. With the standard length prop shaft, I'll have to open up the cowl chin for cylinder head and spark plug clearance; if I can get a shaft about 1-1/4 inches longer, I can mount it with no holes in the cowl except for the cowl inlets and a small area at the bottom rear for the warm air and Pitts exhaust to exit. The plane had a 150 Saito , the previous owner decided to keep the engine, but I'd rather have gas on it anyway. Is there any consideration to be made for extending the shaft, such as bearing load, etc?
Old 10-09-2007, 10:46 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Longer prop shaft for G-26

Check Ralph Cunningham (RC Ignitions) at 928-635-2455. If one is not available over the counter, he will make you one to suit your needs.

Karol