Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Futaba Spektrum Modules arrive at last!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Futaba Spektrum Modules arrive at last!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 06:06 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Futaba Spektrum Modules arrive at last!

I guess this is not such hot news for many around the world, but for us poor guys in the UK the release of the Futaba version of the ever so popular Spektrum module has been a long time delayed.
I just got a call from the Milton Keynes store to let me know the first shipment arrived today. For all of those with back orders, thanks for being patient, we will start shipping tonight.
Regards Al

For those that are not aware, here is a link to the product I am talking about.
http://www.alshobbies.com/shop/looku...a385e5e1b67a22
Old 10-12-2007, 09:56 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba Spektrum Modules arrive at last!

Ali,

Your link mentions 9ch but, according to the website, it is only 8ch (the RX is 9).

Any idea why the JR module has 9 channels but the Futaba only 8?
Old 10-12-2007, 03:08 PM
GrayUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 9 channel Futaba has 8 prop. channels and 1 digital (on off). The 9 cap is only 9 channels in PCM mode.
The Spektrum has to have the tx in PPM mode...so ..only 8 channels.

Paul
Old 10-12-2007, 04:00 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Yea, the 9 channel notation on the Spektrum module for the 9C/9Z is a mistake, it only has 8. The Spektrum models for the JR 10X have 9 channels - for the same reason the ones for Futaba have 8, the 10X is only a 10 channel radio in PCM mode. When you put it into PPM mode (necessary to work with BOTH the Spektrum AND Futaba add-on modules), the 10X is only 9 channels. If you want more than 8 channels from Futaba on 2.4 GHz, you'll have to wait for the Futaba TM-14 module for the Futaba 12 and 14 channel radios...

Bob
Old 10-12-2007, 04:11 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I wonder why Spektrum did not set up the MZ module to support more than 8 channels? I think the 12z will put out more than 8 channels in PPM?

Even if it does not, you could run the spektrum on a 12z and get 7 channels + the 8 proportional with the MPDX-1.

That is 15 channels, spread spectrum.....not bad.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:37 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

I wonder why Spektrum did not set up the MZ module to support more than 8 channels? I think the 12z will put out more than 8 channels in PPM?
I don't know, good question. I was a bit surprised that the Futaba TM-7 and TM-8 modules use PPM as their inputs just like the Spektrum modules. I assumed that Spektrum did it that way because they didn't have specs to the Futaba PCM code, but Futaba certainly did! Why did they not then make a 9-channel module for the 9C/Z that input Futaba PCM code??? OH, I guess that if they did that, they wouldn't render all 9C's and 9z's effectively obsolete and thus guys would keep them and not buy shiny new, expensive 12FG's, 12z's or 14MZ's...

Bob
Old 10-12-2007, 04:51 PM
djindivik

Ali, I received my Futaba FASST TX module, & 7 ch RX, from you 3 weeks ago, & it's working a treat. Thank you. Ray H.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:26 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe the reason the Spektrum module can only do 8 with the MZ is that it gets its signals from the trainer port. I understand they were unable or perhaps unwilling to reverse engineer the module connections to the tranny itself.

Perhaps someone who has one can confirm .. and it would be great to have some "first flight" reports...

Dave
Old 10-13-2007, 03:22 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: ww2birds

I believe the reason the Spektrum module can only do 8 with the MZ is that it gets its signals from the trainer port. I understand they were unable or perhaps unwilling to reverse engineer the module connections to the tranny itself.

Perhaps someone who has one can confirm .. and it would be great to have some "first flight" reports...

Dave

Reverse engineering is in most country,s illegal.....
Old 10-13-2007, 06:41 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi Slick, Sorry about that. My mistake assuming they would also make the futaba a 9Ch.
The guys on here seem to know a lot more about me as to why its not 9ch... Shame that.
Glad to hear that FAAST module is working out for you Ray. I myself am having some great results on 2.4 and really enjoying the benefits it gives my flying.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:46 AM
Inconel_601
My Feedback: (8)

I've been flying with the DM8 module and got tired of dealing with the large connector on the back side. See my mods to route the antenna coax and connector internal to the transmitter. Something else I need to make is one of those transmitter balancers. Without the long 72MHz antenna, the C.G. of the transmitter is a lot lower and the neck strap attach point ends up too high.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6476841/tm.htm