Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Help Gyro Wk-G011

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 05:55 AM
bokx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Gyro Wk-G011

Hi.
I need help settig up my new Walkera 60B gyro. I just burnt the tail servo cause I switch the Gyro to DS thinking that it was the AVCS switch (as stated it the manual). I suppose the manual is useless (its even for the 006 gyro >(.
I couldnt get the heli to flight (it started spinning) no matter what setting I set the Gyro. Then I realized that it is controlled through the radio WK-0701. But the radio manual is even more useless!!. I just need to konw how to set it for AVCS flight (what switches need to be on. I.E. rudder mix). My new servo arrives tomorrow and I wouldn't want to brun it again. Thanks
Old 10-18-2007, 10:04 AM
KostaB

Default RE: Help Gyro Wk-G011

when asked how to use this gyro on the walkera site i was given this information:

There is no magic formula :
Extent (60-140) : sets up travel of tail rod
Delay (0-100) : setup response delay, depending on your servo's perf. 0 for a digital servo. 50% is a good value

Also, there are 2 switches:
Rev-Normal : way of gyro's correction/order. Set it up depending on your model. Move tail by hand and see if gyro counteracts this move. If it amplificates it, change pos of switch.
Normal-DS : Normal for analog servo. DS for digital servo. DO NOT USE DS POS WITH AN ANALOG SERVO.

If your heli spins CCW check also your pitch setup (too much pitch)
i have to click on the number 12 switch on the back make the adjustment and then switch off. unplug the battery and plug it in again. make sure you do not turn off your Transmitter.

hope this helps

K

Old 10-18-2007, 11:38 PM
bokx

Thanks.. That helps a lot. I'll try it out once my servo arrives (it should've been here by now). One quick question. When I adjust the transmitter (ie I turn the 12 switch to on and adjust the knobs) does it keep this setting after I turn it off, or do I have to go trough all this process everytime I want to fly? Any information on how to set up the transmitter will be very helpful. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:54 AM
KostaB

no should be locked into that setting after you go though the process.

best of luck
K