Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Looking for a kit

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Looking for a kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 08:09 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a kit

Sounds like a non-scale aircraft I've seen... the "Enforcer" (Balsa USA, Kit 458 .60 to .65 2-stroke/.90-1.20 4-stroke 48 inch span, 54 inch length) The prop runs in a slot in the wing between the twin fins. (rudder is pointless... virtually no effect.) The kit is still available. See ads in Model Aviation. The plane flies OK, but needs a good pilot. Landing is like watching the space shuttle come in... (I think the one I've seen is overweight...)

The "Complete Book of Fighters" has no aircraft which matches your description. Closest is a Moloskev Sam 7 - Sigma, which is a tractor prop, two seat flying wing with the wing shaped much like an Extra 300 reduced 40% in span (strech/skew in paint program) and the twin fins at the wingtips.

There is a Moleskov SAM 13 twin engine push-pull with twin booms and a single rudder centered on the horizontal (wierd way to do it...) Still quite a way from your description...
Old 09-08-2002, 09:05 AM
jack01
My Feedback: (3)

Was it a model of a jet with a pusher prop on it?
Old 09-10-2002, 07:19 AM
Al Stein

RCM can sell you plans for virtually every plane they've published (and in their 40 years, that's many hundreds of plans)... if this one () is what you're looking for, you can phone them or hit the store section of their web site (www.RCMmagazine.com) to get a copy.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:58 AM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

The 'Force One' by balsa USA? I'd consider it to be the 'little brother' to the enforcer.

We have a few Enforcers at our club. One of which was cnverted to jet (Turbine) power. I was told it flew OK, for it's first and only flight. Stalled out, and lost ALL lift, so I'm told. The second turbine attempt met a similar fate.

yeah, they do look like the shuttle on landing.. And they seem to sit too high on their landing gear!