Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Film Glue

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 09:35 PM
AussiePilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Film Glue

hey guys on my farthers trainer where the exhaust oils hit the elevators the film is lifting,and im just wondering what the best methods are to fix this, is there a glue or something i can do to fix this, its driving me mad
Old 10-29-2007, 10:48 PM
BadSplice
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Film Glue

Id clean it up really well with rubbing alchohol, then seal it up with clear nail polish. get a bit under the flap and it will stick down, then seal over the seam and itll stay down
Old 10-29-2007, 11:44 PM
Redback

What I have done on occasions is to clean the area thoroughly then aplpy some clear Monokote to cover the area that is lifting.

Use the same trick with trim to stop it lifting, expecially pointy bits which tend to be first to lift.

Terry
Old 10-30-2007, 05:06 AM
jetmech05

like everyone says clean it well... no oil residue... then apply a monokote patch over the area
Old 10-30-2007, 07:39 PM
bigchap

don't know if you can get it in oz but there is a product here in the u.k. called prymol which is an etch primer made for that type of problem.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:44 PM
KitBuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If an arf then disregard.. but if you covered it, be sure to have all the seams pointing away from exhaust / airflow next time.
Mike
Old 10-31-2007, 10:06 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Go to the hobby shop and get a can of Balsrite, that;s what it's made for. It's the same glue that's on the back of the covering film. Clean with alcohol. Paint the balsarite on the fuse or whatever. let it dry. lay on your monocoat that won't stick and iron it back down. works great.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:43 PM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

If it's an ARF with sticky-backed covering, clean it and either glue it down with thin CA or use clear packing tape (I keep a roll in my box for field repairs).