Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Belt CP Main Gear Replacement

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Belt CP Main Gear Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 09:02 AM
AZTWINS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Belt CP Main Gear Replacement

I recently stripped some teeth on the main gear of my Belt CP. How hard is this to replace? How involved? Hopefully I do not have to take the whole heli apart.

Thanks,
Old 11-03-2007, 01:07 AM
crashinbash
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Belt CP Main Gear Replacement

Hi Atzwins,

If you want a quick and easy way to replace it and have a little patience here's your answer. Simply unscrew the mainshaft pin screw and nut as shown in the picture with your hex wrench provided in the kit. Slide the mainshaft out and the gears will fall loose. Replace the gears needed, and here's where the tricky part comes in, slide the mainshaft back in through the new gears and into the bottom bearing (it takes a couple tries sometimes) then just screw the pin and nut back on.

Some people would oil and lube the mainshaft before sliding it back in but I almost never bother to do so. A good idea while it's off is to inspect the shaft for any wear or bending as most are only good for around 20 to 30 flights if doing 3D.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38992.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	795770  
Old 11-06-2007, 11:11 AM
GTX SlotCar

So, is replacing the shaft as easy as taking out 1 screw? Nothing on the top end holds it in?
Thanks.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:37 PM
USHobbySupply

On the BeltCP there is a bolt where the Jesus pin is on the #4.

If you remove the links from the swash, and remove the bolt at the bottom of the gears, then the shaft will slide out the top (without removing the jesus bolt)

Package away!