Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

KMP Stuka Conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 12:54 PM
jmohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMP Stuka Conversion?

Anyone try converting a KMP Stuka? I am ready to purchase one for this purpose and wanted to see if anyone had already tried. Any suggestions / hints would great! The plane will weight about 12 lbs. so I will need at least 2000 watts. I have a 10+ lbs. Hellcat that flys great on a Power 60 and was thinking of the same setup as it has lots of power for that plane.

Jeff
Old 11-18-2007, 11:37 AM
_Tommy D
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: KMP Stuka Conversion?

Jeff

Tom Hunt conveted the KMP BF-109. It was featured in a Back issue of Fly RC mag. I would look for that mag and read up to get some ideas.

Best of Luck

Tommy D

http://tommydsblog.blogspot.com/

Old 11-18-2007, 12:05 PM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2,000W on a 12 lbs plane is good stuff. Why not check out the AXI 5330, Hyperion 5025 series etc. So many motors are available. I take it you will be going on 10S.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:01 PM
jmohn

I am going to try an 8S setup first and see how many watts I can get. It should be around 1800 and enough to fly the plane well. Otherwise a 10S system is my next choice. I have batteries for each setup, but have more of the 8S packs. All those motors are good choices and I might look into them too. I also like the Himax motors, but they don't have one in the right range. I need something from 1500 to 2000 watts on an 8S or 10S system.

Any recommendations on power regulators? I want to run a nice "high end" power regulator so I don't have any issues with my receiver. I also want to use a Spektrum system on the plane.