Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

honeykbee2 tail problem

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

honeykbee2 tail problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 05:22 AM
dwightturner36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honeykbee2 tail problem

my HBK2 tail spins counterclockwise when powering up.
all the trim tabs centered, servos at 90 degrees after the gyro initial.

I have flown the flight sim and this thing doesnt act nothing like it

the gyro gain is set all the way to the + side, rev mode and is factory stock, when i power it on when i slowly move the tail the gyro moves but seems after the fact. will try to video this maybe someone can help

thanks
Old 11-06-2007, 06:05 AM
shizack

Default RE: honeykbee2 tail problem

First belt-tail heli? This is just one of the things you have to set up before flying. To set up the tail with a boom mounted servo:

Set rudder trim to center
Turn gyro gain to a bit less than half
Lift off
If it yaws CCW (nose left), loosen the mount screws, move the servo towards the heli body about 1-2 mm, tighten screws and try again
If it yaws CW (nose right), loosen the mount screws, move the servo towards the tail fin about 1-2 mm, tighten screws and try again
Repeat until the tail stays relatively straight on hover
Turn up the gain on the gyro until the tail twitches quickly left and right
Back off the gyro gain until there's no twitch

Even with a perfectly set up tail, it will yaw a bit CCW upon liftoff due to the motor torque. It will also slide to the left upon liftoff due to the force created by the tail rotors. All single-rotor helis do this, from Honey Bee FPs to Raptor 90s. Correcting this becomes second nature and the heli will settle into a straight hover in about two seconds.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:23 AM
dwightturner36

thanks for the reply
gonna have a close look at this today. i have watched a lot of youtube videos and my copter spins even say at 60% throttle. but i will definately give it a go today.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:29 AM
shizack

Yeah, give it a go. It sounds like your servo is way off of where it should be. Follow the directions - a tiny movement forward or back makes a big difference. It may sound tedious, but, it is.

Be careful not to crash in one o' them Loo-z'yanner by-yoos.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:28 AM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dwightturner36

thanks for the reply
gonna have a close look at this today. i have watched a lot of youtube videos and my copter spins even say at 60% throttle. but i will definately give it a go today.
Is your gyro switch set to normal or reverse? Flip the little switch on top of the gyro the other direction and give it a test spin up.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 11-06-2007, 12:01 PM
KCinNC

it takes a little tweaking...but once you get it dialed in..your gonna be a happy camper