Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

HobbyWing Pentium Brushless ESC 25A, so far so good.

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

HobbyWing Pentium Brushless ESC 25A, so far so good.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 09:37 PM
bigbore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HobbyWing Pentium Brushless ESC 25A, so far so good.

I obsessed over an ESC for my HBK2 and decided on this one. It’s my first and seemed like a good value if it is as advertised. The features and alleged build quality, weight, Amp capacity and programmability seemed to be exactly what I was looking for at the price point I wanted.

I have mounted the motor and soldered all of the connects and after some trial and error found the correct plug positions on E-sky's unlabeled undocumented 6 channel Rx. I was able to program and calibrate the ESC for my heli and radio using what I would consider very good documentation from Hobbywing and have spun the E-sky 3100 motor up several times.

Time will tell how good it is. I would like to hear about others experiences with this brand good or bad.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:24 AM
shizack

Default RE: HobbyWing Pentium Brushless ESC 25A, so far so good.

Never used a HW ESC, but I have a HW dual voltage UBEC in its second heli, a King 2.

There's not much I can think of to rate a BEC on, as they all do about the same thing, but for $13 it came with a ferrite ring, amazingly clear instructions (you'd never know it was Chinglish), and it was mounted inside a lightweight aluminum case with clear shrink wrap around it. Plus, it's mounted inside the canopy, and the red light makes it look way cool in the dark.

Because of the price and unknown (to me) brand, I kind of expected it to pop after a week. But it's been through some spectacular crashes, and was the only surviving electrical component (except for one servo and the Esky gyro) of "The Last Flight of the MX400".

If I can"t afford a CC, or find a Hermes (already have the program card), a HW will probably be my next ESC.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:07 PM
bigbore

When I was looking for information about ESC's to try and make an informed purchase I couldn't find many posts, Castle Creations & E-flite comprised the majority of posts I found. HW had a lot of features and experience has now shown me that the programing was EASY for a newbie and the instructions were very good.

I liked the fact that the HW Pentiums used a seperate voltage regulator for the BEC and they claim to use high grade capacitors so I thought I would start this thread and follow up after I get a significant amount of use out of it. I would have liked to have found more info on ESC's when I searched, especially the cheaper brands.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:09 PM
USHobbySupply

I have the Pentium on my BeltCP. I just wired it up and flew. Has never failed on me and I'm very happy with it. I had an align25 that would cut out after only 2 minutes of flight, this one for 1/2 the price is well worth it.