Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Glo fuel in Iraq

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 10:38 AM
sixguns1998

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glo fuel in Iraq

Hey all. Hoping that some of my RC buddies in Iraq pick this up. I am on my way over to the sandbox in a couple of months. I am looking into how hard it is to get glo fuel in country. I have a couple of cheapo glo fuel cars that I got off ebay a few years ago that do fine around the backyard and at the park, but I need to get a car that I can get parts via the internet for.

I saw the thread about the ROAR in Kuwait, but no one stays long in Kuwait. I am on the fence about the HPI 5B, savage, or a revo. Electric is out of the question due to the high price, I might as well buy the 5B. I know that there are some guys getting the glo fuel from the civilian contractors that go back and forth to Kuwait but that sounds sketchy at best.

Any intel from the front would be greatly appreciated. I think I may just end up buying several gallons of fuel and seeing if I can put it in the POL locker with the Motor Pool guys. Not sure what the MSDS restrictions for Glo Fuel is though. Hate to spend that much money and have to leave it in storage.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:09 PM
SpikeX

Default RE: Glo fuel in Iraq

If you're getting a Baja, it runs on standard petrol (gasoline), so you shouldn't have any problems getting it there?
Old 11-17-2007, 05:04 PM
Jeckler
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Glo fuel in Iraq

FYI, 5B is gasoline/2-stroke oil mix.