Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Finally happened......

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 08:37 PM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally happened......

I called my LHS today because GS (general silicones) had refered them to me as a dealer of Fioroni Differentials. After being transfered 3 separate times, I was introduced to a rude employee. He acted like a complete jerk. Made me feel like I was wasting his time to find out how much they cost. I can only imagine this employee is there for anything but the customers. Maybe he is only there for the employee discount, or he cant find a better job. But 1 thing is sure.....it is odd how the most knowledgeable guy at the store is the most unplesant to work with, not just on one occasion but many. I can think of 4 unplesant visits in the last 4 vists.

On more than 1 occasion they have acted like this. I know of one employee in particular who has TONS of knowledge, and could probably answer any question you could throw at him, but he persists at being a complete ass.

COLPAR HOBBIES in Denver Colorado, both east and west stores SUCK. PERIOD. I will frequent your stores as little as possible, and only when absolutely necessary. Without naming employees because some are very nice, I hope your employees attitude is the demise of your store. Just because a employee is knowledgeable doest mean they have good people skills, or are are willing to share. It is unfortunate that the most knowledgeable and needed employees are the ones who need FIRED. I would rather talk with someone who has no idea about what I need but is friendly and helpful- I know enough about what I need to help them figure out the right part.

It really sucks one of my best LHS has the rudest employees and has pissed me off to the point I felt like making the point public. Good job Colpar! Now is this what you call "good press"? YES.
Old 04-01-2003, 08:59 PM
KyleSch

I remember Colpar hobbies! I used to go there quite a bit when I lived in colorado. Do they still carry the Herpa plane models? I collected those ...

Sorry you had a bad experience with them though
Old 04-01-2003, 09:09 PM
DSA.308

Yea, its a GREAT hobby shop, however, some employees it has are determined to ruin it!
Old 04-01-2003, 09:49 PM
dg2b

Todd - check ace-hobbies.com. They do carry torsen diffs.
Old 04-02-2003, 12:19 AM
DSA.308

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2003, 10:58 AM
airwethead

Todd
I feel your pain. I have two good LHSs near me. One stocks mostly plane stuff, and the other has everything I could ever want for cars. I went into the car place the other day to get a new bulkhead for my NXT. I asked the guy, and he wants to know what the part number was. I didn't know for sure, so he says, "I would have to go check in the book". Then he turns away and continues BSing with his buddies, and ignored me from that point on. I know this guy has a wealth of knowledge, but I cannot ever get him to help me!!! One time I bought an engine from them, and he wouldn't even hand me the engine. I finally went behind the counter and picked it up myself. For the bulkhead, I went home, got the part number, and had the plane shop order a couple for me. They will get all my business from now on, the car shop can go to H*** for all I care. Not a good way to run a business.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:07 AM
DSA.308

Thanks. I thought I might be opening myself up to get bashed- but I was careful to state facts, and not let my emotions base my entire decision. Strange how the guys who have the most to offer information wise, feel like letting someone figure it out themselfs. I personally gain pleasure from helping someone with a problem that I can answer....I guess some people dont feel that way.
Old 04-03-2003, 02:14 PM
hoodiegadoo

There's a couple hobbie shops around here like that....Everybody will be over the track and then some new guy will walk up who just got into the hobby and after a couple of minutes he'll say. "Are all the guys that work at hobby shops like that" and everybody knows at the track he went to 1 of the 2 @$$holes in town. Its actually kinda sad because these 2 guys who own 2 different hobby shops are known by all the guys that go to the track. And so nobody does any business with them, and rightly so. But you would think with 5 hobby shops in the general area these guys would try to get business at least by making the effort to help people out. But they prove me wrong time and time again.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:43 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

yeah we have one here in staten island like that Brownies
they guys are mainly plane people and the old man son is the supposed car guy.
well they are all short with answers and if they dont have it they say i dont need it or its not worth it. screw them.
luckily we have a cool new place called Agressive Hobbies.
99% r/c cars.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:50 PM
DSA.308

Its insane! I cant think of a single other business of any type that would even think of sabotaging their OWN business.....NOW THATS STUPID!
Old 04-03-2003, 09:57 PM
rcidiot728

dam, i feel lucky

i only have 2 hobby shops within 30 minutes of my house and in both the shops they guys who work there are nice, they help me a lot when i have a problem with my stampede

the problem people are the customers... they had this one 400lb. gargantuan man that was complainin how girls never are into rc, and then he said all you see are m.i.l.f.'s and im just sittin here thinkin how long is it gonna take for me to kick his ass into oblivion for using such a fun hobby for gettin tail, much less thinkin he can even get any with an rear end the size of texas
Old 04-03-2003, 10:29 PM
DSA.308

ahahhahahahahah thats FUNNY!!!!
Old 04-03-2003, 11:07 PM
rcidiot728

its the truth, it was him and this really skinny guy... looked about 40 and weighed about 80 pounds

the reason why they started talkin bout that was cuz this really hot girl came in and bought parts for her boyfriend's tmaxx
Old 04-03-2003, 11:54 PM
MeneR

around here the lhs i go to is really good. they are always nice and will help you on anything. i had an old cox .049 Nissan and they showed me right away that it needed a new reed valve when it wouldn't start . then they gave me a new piston for free. and installed it. then they took me outside and used their fuel to try and get it tuned right. its my favorite hobby shop. only one guy there gave me a bad time because he didn't know what a clutch bell was and i did and he so got jealous. said to go to another store. but that guy got fired about 2 months ago.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:40 AM
DSA.308

NOW THAT is GREAT service! And also a excellent employer, who could see a poor attitude in a employee like a big turd on the front entrance rug. BRAVO. I would frequent a hobby shop like that on 3-4 days a week basis. I'm not kidding.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:45 AM
dbow
My Feedback: (1)

Default Hobby Shops

Sorry to hear about the bad experiences Todd

Retail stores, fast food, grocery stores, whatever you choose, fill in the blank can have bad customer support for many reasons.

A majority of the time its the management behind the people that cause the issue. Managers that have no clue how to Hire, train, and lead people in the workplace.

In some cases however, some managers do not know that certain emps are giving people the finger.

If I am somewhere shoppin and a store represenative gives me the finger in any fashion, I ask to speak to the manager. Sometimes the emp all of a sudden wakes up and realizes whats going on. For some others there is no hope and bringing this to the attention of the store manager sometimes does the trick.

It amazes me to hear these stories, especially with 2 million out of work. If I was that hobby store emp....Would you like a shoe shine with that SIR!!!
LOL

Dbow
Old 04-08-2003, 02:52 AM
DSA.308

ahhah, yea its funny huh.