Community
Search
Notices
IRC Racing Support The online retailer for many of your r/c products is available to support RCU members. Click here if you need their help or have a question for them. Hosting this forum will be RADICALJ, RC-BOSS, MINDCRIME and REDCATRACING1.

Vulcan 2 speed

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 04:33 AM
rusty_y2k2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vulcan 2 speed

just installed a 2 speed tranny on my vulcan, and for a few minutes it seemed to work (kind of, it'd rev up then shift but never really rev up again) but now the thing doesn't accelerate at all and i can hear a strange metal scraping kind of noise coming from it.... is it possible the clutch has gone? I would have thought that if that were the case the engine would rev up high, but it seems to be stuck revving slowly.

any ideas?
Old 11-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Mindcrime

Default RE: Vulcan 2 speed

Have you tried to adjust the 2 speed clutch? where did you buy it?
Old 12-01-2007, 10:28 AM
rusty_y2k2

not a clue what i'm doing with the 2 speed clutch, so haven't dared touch it.

I just re-installed my one speed and that works fine, so the problem definately lies with the 2 speed transmission in some way. It's almost as if the highest speed gear is permanently enagaed, because the motor just can't get any revs going and the gearing seems rubbish because the acceleration is lame.

I bought it from t'internet along with some other little bits (like tuned metal exhaust and manifold - a godsend because it's stopped the leaking the standard one had!).
Old 12-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Mindcrime

Your 2 speed just needs to be adjusted, I would suggest taking it to a local hobby shop. they should be able to show you how to set it.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:08 AM
soneebee

Mindcrime... I opened up my 2 speed tranny.. as I wanted to see how it works...

on the clutch. well its not really a clutch.. but a catch.. the locks on the screw when it gets the right amount of centrifugal forces.
one thing is the consistency of the spring... and the problem is the tup of the catch connected to the spring.. it kinda slips in between the spring

what i did was to add a flat head on the tip of the spring that makes the spring head flat. as the catch pushes the spring it does not get stuck.. making it a little more consistent..

you should have continued the clutch type design as stated on the manual.. it will be much much better...