Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Radio batteries

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Nick2618

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio batteries

i recently bought a radio but the cells where kinda mismatched in mah. All cells should be the same mah right? dose brand matter also or just the mah?

Thanks

Nick
Old 12-13-2007, 10:21 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Radio batteries

I would only use the same brand, type, and capacity of cells in any electronic device. Are you talking about alkalines, rechargeable loose cells, or a soldered shrinkwrapped pack?
Old 12-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Nick2618

nihm aa recharagables
Old 12-14-2007, 12:04 AM
XJRichB

ORIGINAL: BuzzBomber

I would only use the same brand, type, and capacity of cells in any electronic device.
I agree...what I did was go to Walmart, and picked up some Duracell AA 2400MAH rechargeables....it's cost about $12. They've been going strong for 3 years now.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:35 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: nick2618

nihm aa recharagables

In that case, yeah, definitely pick up a set that are all the same brand and mah rating. Otherwise, the cells will go further and further out of balance every cycle because they will likely drain at slightly different rates due to slightly different internal resistance.

The rechargeables from walmart are a good idea.

For the radio I use in my MGT, I have energizer 2300mah nimhs, they've done good by me. But for all my other RTR radios, I use(believe it or not) Sunbeam Heavy Duty Alkaline AAs from the local Dollar Tree store. I get 'em at $1 for a pack of 8 cells. They're so cheap I keep at least one spare set in my tool bag, and they last about a month of bashing for an hour or two every weekend. I normally wouldn't advocate alkalines, but these are SO cheap and radios use not much power, it would take me a year and a half to pay the equivalent of nimhs.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Nick2618

thats what i thought thanks.