Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
electric
29.63%
nitro
48.15%
any
3.70%
none
3.70%
solar (i don't think this is possible)
3.70%
gas
11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

whats your favourite

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 07:46 PM
zachsrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats your favourite

be honest
Old 12-13-2007, 07:49 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: whats your favourite

Gas
Old 12-13-2007, 07:51 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

iv run nitro and electric, and i like electric just cause its easier.
if i had the money, i would love to try a gas powered, like the baja b5...THAT THING IS A MONSTER!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:26 PM
scheibler

It depends on the application, but I prefer electric b/c it can be driven indoors
Old 12-13-2007, 09:36 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do like them all, but gas is really where its at for me. The experience is quite different. Louder, heavier, scarier. They handle much more realistically and I enjoy working on the larger scales more. I still like nitro though, might get an MGT 8 soon.

In terms of electric I only really like the Tamiya kits, I never really saw the point in the hundreds of millions of minis and micros out there. Yeah theyre fast but they dont feel like you're driving a car.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:40 PM
calvino

I voted none, they all have their ups and downs, as for me, nothing really works, have driven nitros, fun, but fuel is expensive.... gas it way to much (the car, even though I can afford it, parts though, I don't think so), electrics, they are nice and quiet, but i allways find a way to make something on them brake, as well as the runing times... are kindof sad[], the thingie is, I want to go nitro, parents say no, to nosiy...... they say go electric, but, by the time you get around to charging the batteries, finding out that you broke another motor shaft..... it is to late and it is time to set the table and eat dinner, and with gas, they look fun, would love one, but to much money, don't have space.......
Old 12-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Checkpointracer

Electric is fine but nitro is where the real fun kicks in IMO (with the exception of the maintaince). For me it's just so much more fun to drive a nitro compared to an electric, I've never driven a gas but they do sound fun.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:05 AM
Dokioto

I like Nitro the best out off all the power sources.. Everything about it, not having to charge a battery (RX batt don't count lol), noise, smell, working on the engines, more runtime, and less electronics to deal with.

I do have a place for electrics though.. When I can't drive my Nitros out side(weather/time) I pull out the little electrics (1/18)
Old 12-14-2007, 02:33 AM
71+mph

I'm torn between both....

I love the sound of my Nitro & the fact that it feels like a real car.... On the other hand, my electric is SICK fast & can be driven in doors when it's raining
Old 12-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Anomie

Turbine!

I voted nitro, and mostly because of the fact that it's a model car or truck with a model internal combustion engine. It just seems like a higher level of realism. I do like electric for the clean and quiet aspects too.