Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

How Long

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 09:53 PM
jayfl234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Long

I was curious on run times on nitro cars and trucks? Are they going to be just as long as electric or longer? thanks
Old 12-15-2007, 09:55 PM
XJRichB

Default RE: How Long

They're actually about the same. Lipo's match with brushless will give an edge to electric runtimes, but then again Nitro just needs to refill instead of recharging.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:11 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pretty similar, but refilling a nitro tank is faster than recharging a battery of course.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:41 PM
jayfl234

Yeah i guess with nitro you just fill up again and you are ready for round 2?
Old 12-16-2007, 12:29 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Until you run out of money for nitro :P

Thats one of the things I love about my gas cars and trucks. 30+ minutes per tank, $3 a gallon.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:41 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Of course it all depends on what you are running, but generally from my experience:

Electric +/- 15 mins
Nitro +/- 15 mins
Gasoline +/- 30 mins
Old 12-16-2007, 08:11 AM
Gado

or how big your fuel tank is
Old 12-16-2007, 11:06 AM
Marshl

ORIGINAL: sheograth

pretty similar, but refilling a nitro tank is faster than recharging a battery of course.

Not a problem if you have more then one battery.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:50 AM
cobra26

As long as you have nitro, you can refill while the engine's still running, so I guess you could say they'll run all day or until you run out of fuel!

My running GP2 and Raze get about 12-15 minutes each per tank - if I run 'em dry. My Rustler gets about the same.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:54 AM
calvino

the secret is with a nitro, is to let the engine run low, but not dry, so you don't have to reprime it, put on the glow plug, yank on the yankiethingie (aka, a pullstart), or go "WANHWANHANGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRGRGRRRRRR" to get the engine started with one of those electric wand starters, I still have to say though that nitros beat out electrics in running times.... should put together a video of the "time difference" between the 2
Old 12-16-2007, 12:11 PM
cobra26

ORIGINAL: calvino

...I still have to say though that nitros beat out electrics in running times....

I definitely agree. I have run electrics and nitros for nigh on to 25 years now and the electrics always frustrated me with their short run times (it's why I started with nitro!). I DEFINITELY get more run time with nitro. You also made a good point, calvino. Letting an engine run dry is not the preferred method of stopping them from running, as they will lean out for a longer run time than if the fuel line is pinched close to the carb, and that can hurt an engine over time.

However, it will be exciting as time marches on and car-adapted brushless and LiPo batteries start to become more common-place and make advances in this aspect of R/C. LiPos and brushless revolutionized the Park Flyer industry, and I suspect in time will do the same for cars/buggies/trucks/truggies.