Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Aileron Warpage

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Aileron Warpage

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Farmer Ted
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aileron Warpage

I'm assembling a Goldberg Pitts P-12 Monster EP ARF and have noticed that 3 out of the 4 ailerons don't line up with the trailing edge of the wing after hinging...that is if I make one end of the aileron line up with the wing, the other end doesn't.

Looking down the ailerons, a couple look ok, a couple look warped, who knows if the wings are warped....this is extremely annoying!!

any ideas what I should do...just set it up as close as possible and fly or what? How bad is this going to screw up performance?

I did Iron (and heat gun) the covering to tighten it up before assembly (as instructed in the manual) this is a sheeted wing and the ailerons are pretty stout...I doubt I did this while shrinking the covering but I suppose anything is possible.

How often do you all run across this problem with ARFs and what is this going to end up doing to the flight characteristics?

Thanks for any help.

I'm tired of these damn chinese arfs....of course my kit building skills are horrible, it's not like I could do a better job myself.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:24 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Aileron Warpage

Try twisting it opposite the warp and as you're holding it, have someone hit it with the heat gun till the wrinkles come out. Let it cool for a few seconds before letting go, and it probably will be a lot straighter.