Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Anyone selling a "NEW" Kyosho Kanai 2??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Anyone selling a "NEW" Kyosho Kanai 2??

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 02:24 AM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone selling a "NEW" Kyosho Kanai 2??

Well.......i have figured out that i'm just gonna go ahead and buy a Kyosho Kanai 2 new. the damned ebay kind of scares me a little with these rigs. I can't tell the difference between the MP 7.5 Sports edition or the regular (green) MP 7.5 buggy....they all seem to look the same. So i have decided to buy one new instead of take the chance and get myself ripped off (hell.....i could get ripped off and wouldn't even know the difference cause i wouldn't have a Kanai 2 to compare it too!!! )

I know there are plenty of hobbyshop owners that come in here. And was just wondering what kind of a price i could get with shipping of course.

There is a local Hobbyshop in Portland Oregon that qouted me $649.00......and that seems pretty fair. Just wondering if anyone else might know where to get one cheaper?

anyone...............

JEFFRO503
Old 04-09-2003, 04:42 AM
neoracer

Thats a heck of a deal...the lowest I've found is Ace Hardware Hobbies for $659.99. They normally sell for $749. Go for it!! You don't even have to pay sales tax...lucky!!
Old 04-09-2003, 05:54 AM
JEFFRO503

You know your right NEO...........after i just checked all the online hobby shops , i can't find a deal that good. I think , i'll go down there in the next few days and get one on layaway (did i mention they do that?)...awesome! man i can't friggin' wait!! I want a buggy so bad , i'm about ready to go crazy! ....hehehe

JEFFRO503
Old 04-09-2003, 05:57 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Originally posted by JEFFRO503
You know your right NEO...........after i just checked all the online hobby shops , i can't find a deal that good. I think , i'll go down there in the next few days and get one on layaway (did i mention they do that?)...awesome! man i can't friggin' wait!! I want a buggy so bad , i'm about ready to go crazy! ....hehehe

JEFFRO503
wish i had the money to blow on one of those things.... :O
Old 04-10-2003, 05:01 AM
JEFFRO503

hehehe CASEY , .......you know . i can't really afford it right now either (probably gonna have indulge in a bunch of "top ramen" noodles for a while.) At least the "layaway" thing makes it sound like it won't cost as much. But hey...........i gotta find something to do this summer.

JEFFRO503
Old 04-11-2003, 12:15 AM
jamesbernatchez

Me and my friend bought Kanai 2's for only $610 apiece!!!! We got them for that price because we bought them and a WS7 with RB 086 pipe all at the same time. We will get them tomorrow so for now i will be running my ofna hyper 7 pro with O.S. V99b....CANT WAIT FOR MY KANAI 2 TO ARRIVE.
Old 04-11-2003, 12:24 AM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

since your getting kyosho wants to sell your ofna?

did you have any problems awith your ofna? i am trying to figure out what brand buggy im gonna get
Old 04-11-2003, 03:59 AM
JEFFRO503

You know , i probably would sell it , but it isn't really mine. My little brother let me play around with it a few years ago , and even then.....it was about 7 or 8 years old. It's got a couple of broken parts up front , and i don't even know if they make parts for it. I will ask him if he wants to get rid of it though. There aint really anything left of it.

JEFFRO503
Old 04-11-2003, 01:54 PM
jamesbernatchez

i ran my ofna yesterday and it seems to be really responsive.my kanai 2 should be here today so.......let the building begin.....hehehehe!!
Old 04-11-2003, 02:27 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

damn man.. Just get a Mugen Works. I paid only $375.. I'm sure the Kanai2 is not THAT different.. not worth $325 to me anyway.

Think about it!
Thats more money you can spend on a kick ass engine like a sirio or a Rossi! Maybe even a nice JR R1 Limited edition radio like one I just bought with the money I saved from not buying the Kanai2

-ram
Old 04-11-2003, 02:57 PM
hoodiegadoo

the Mugne works is really nice...I've seen it run at the track....of course my hyper 7 should be here today or monday so I'll let you folks know how that goes.....
Old 04-11-2003, 03:11 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

The way I look at it.

You can buy:
Kanai2: $650
Os RZV01B:240
Starter Box: 60
XR3i Radio: 170
TOTAL: 1120

OR

Mugen Works: 375
Rosssi BM: 325
R1 Radio: 350
TOTAL: 1110

See the difference?? I think the Mugen will beat the Kanai not because the kit is superior but because the Motor and other parts are better!
The difference in the kits will be overcome by the rest
That was the way I looked at it when I bought the mugen anyway!

You could totally freak out and spend 2 Gs on it and your buggy will be untouchable! lol

ram
Old 04-11-2003, 03:13 PM
jamesbernatchez

i agree i really like the mugens.but i have to get rid of my older stuff. i have an mbx4 for sale on ebay. me and my friend were looking for mugen mbx 4xr works. we called 21 different shops and even mugen...no one has anymore! the only other option was a kanai.... i dont like storm pro's. my friend has one and in 3 weeks he as broke 2 arms, bent 3 hingepins, and bent a shockshaft!!!thats not cool! i dont have to worry about getting an engine i have a brand new RB WS7 with 086 pipe..and a JR XR3 FM radio. where can i get high torque servos for a decent price. hitec, airtronics, or jr??? i dont understand while people dont like ofnas. i have a hyper 7 pro with os rz v99b and it hauls *****.ive only ran it once but i think its really good for what u get. i have no regrets on buying it and well see how it compares to the kanai 2.....u cant beat a kanai 2 for ONLY $610. it seems like a lot but i just am sick of spending my hard earned money on lesser buggys and then i end up getting the one i wanted in the first place....if u have opinions post them.
Old 04-11-2003, 03:27 PM
jamesbernatchez

just because you spend $2000 on your buggy doesnt mean your gonna win. im not buying the kanai expecting to dominate at the track. im buying it because i want one buggy thats gonna last, that i can learn to drive consistintly, and learn to tune to the track. now im not saying that i need the kanai for this but if im gonna feel better about my purchase then its worth it. for instance: if i buy a storm pro and find that the hingepins bend and the arm mounts arnt that great, then im gonna take it easy on the track in fear of breaking something. now with the kanai i havent seen one person break anything on them( there are at least 8 at my track) and there really hasnt been any complaints about them except for the price. so if i feel confident that my buggy will hold up, im gonna push it harder then the storm pro and possibly turn in faster laps. also people think by spending $450-500 on a motor, that they are gonna be quicker than people with cheaper motors...well its not true. if it was then why arnt the team drivers and world champions using rossi black magic's or RB Concepts C4's. Greg Deganai won with an OS RZ v01b. That engine is under $300.( yes it was ported a bit!) i have an RB Concepts WS7 and with practice driving and tuning i feel i will have no trouble keeping up with guys running $400-500 engines....this is just my opinion and would like to hear what other people have to say. sorry for such a long post. lol
Old 04-11-2003, 03:50 PM
1fstxnt

The hitec 645mb is a good servo for steering. 133oz @ 6v and it is only $40 at towerhobbies.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:45 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Originally posted by BUGGIES_R_US
The way I look at it.

You can buy:
Kanai2: $650
Os RZV01B:240
XR3i Radio: 170
TOTAL: 1120

OR

Mugen Works: 375
Rosssi BM: 325
R1 Radio: 350
TOTAL: 1110

See the difference?? I think the Mugen will beat the Kanai not because the kit is superior but because the Motor and other parts are better!
The difference in the kits will be overcome by the rest
That was the way I looked at it when I bought the mugen anyway!

You could totally freak out and spend 2 Gs on it and your buggy will be untouchable! lol

ram
i may not know much about buggies, but i do know 300$ for a radio is overkill :O
Old 04-12-2003, 07:51 AM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

The R1 is actually 439 the cheapest I have seen, but I understand the equation, and thats why I got a Mugen MBX-XR Works. And the R1, because I think it has the most features, and seems to work flawlessly which is good considering I have 1,600.00 in my buggy before the next 400$ for Fioroni diffs....OUCH. But its a blast- always starts and hasn't broke yet. So after the diffs it will be over 2K. Here is how my costs ran:

Mugen kit 439
2 Hitec HS5945MG 200
OS RZVO1BP 270
JR-R1 439
RX JR330 110
RX battery 40
JR TX rechergeable 40
MIP on board temp 40
K&N 20
OFNA O63 PIPE 60
Fioroni center Hyper Diff. 209
Fioroni front Hyper 189
Fuel filters 15
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	70076_17532.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	42023  
Old 04-12-2003, 08:05 AM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

I have to be honest though...I have never seen a real live kani2 in the flesh, and now that I have everything to make one run, I am on the hunt for one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	70080_17532.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	42024  
Old 04-13-2003, 05:33 PM
jamesbernatchez

well i finished building the kanai 2 and i must say i am throughly happy with my purchase. it went together well and i had no real dificulties. i just need servos and then i can break in my RB WS7. i would love to race against my hyper 7 pro so i can see the difference. ill post pics asap.