Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Us25

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 11:26 AM
twostroker
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Us25

I think the US25 recently purchased is going to need some engine parts, are they available. The engine seems to have much blow-by, any throttle setting below 1/2 there is visible emissions from the carb. Any throttle setting above half is little gain in RPM regardless of needle settings. I believe the smoke and raw fuel coming back out of the carb is always there, but hard to see, except at low throttle settings. The engine runs lousy and is impossible to tune. It has not been taken apart yet as I am not sure if parts are readily available, or their cost. Are there parts available? Best case scenario, I'd need a piston ring. Worst case scenario, I'd need piston, ring, and cylinder. Then there is the cost issue, is it worth it.....
Tim
Old 04-11-2003, 05:26 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Us25

It does sound like you've got a bad fit between the piston, ring, and cylinder wall.

Of the part you're asking about, about the only part available for the US Engines 25 cc engine is the piston ring. The 25 cc engine has been discontinued for about a year, and parts are becoming scarce for it.

Apparently, the manufacturer has changed hands again, and the 25 cc isn't in the new owner's plans.

Here's the part's stock number and list price:

USEG1515 330008 PISTON RING 25 $11.99

This can be ordered through any hobby retailer who works with Great Planes Model Distributors.